Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Fields of War

6 years ago

Hi, guys!

So a while back me and some friends started on an ambitious story called "The Fields of War." It was a tale with a backdrop of a Napoleonic-like world. Heavy influences for the structure and style of the story came from stories like "Eternal" by EndMaster and "The Order of the Midnight Sun" by JJJ-thebanisher. Life eventually caught up to us and we eventually lost our drive to work on the story, much less finish it. So I decided to just publish the story so that I could see a reaction to what we did finish. Please be honest if you read it, don't sugarcoat anything. At the same time, please don't troll and just give overly negative comments that do not have a basis. We want honest tips or comments. Thanks!

http://chooseyourstory.com/story/the-fields-of-war

The Fields of War

6 years ago

Maybe unpublish it and leave sneak peek on.  Publishing unfinished games means you run the risk of having it deleted. (Since, y'know, unfinished games and "Demos" sort of go against the new site standards.)

The Fields of War

6 years ago
It would just be moved to unpublished. Deletion only happens when the author ignores the hint and immediately tosses it up again.

Moving to sneak peek would probably be best though. This thread could get scooted over to the WW with.the request for feedback and all will be right with the world.

The Fields of War

6 years ago

Unpublished, and moved to WW.

Just leave the story on sneak peak.

The Fields of War

6 years ago

Thanks. Still kind of unfamiliar with the rules of publishing on this website.