Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

How to deal with writers block

6 years ago

Any suggestions?

When I write for extended periods of time I sometimes end up getting stuck and stressed out.

I end up pouring over everything I've written over and over and than I stop and look at peoples pages.

Then I just stop writing in general for like days and go to play video games.

I'm trying to continue my story and I need some suggestions on pushing through.

6 years ago

Well, here's a few possible solutions that tend to work for me...

-Go for a run

-Listen to music

-Drink

-Read other people's work

-Masturbate

-Smoke

-Work out and Excercise

-Set scrap paper on fire

-Take recreational drugs

-Bounce ideas off someone

6 years ago

Please take a look at the articles and stop posting questions like this. This is why we have articles.

6 years ago

Sure sorry.

I thought we could talk about whatever here.

I won't post another question on this.

6 years ago

The articles are almost as badly written as the sum-total of everything you've contributed to the site. 

6 years ago
damn son

6 years ago

e-e

Bitch, i've contributed plenty. Having almost 100 featured comments and rating over 95% of the games on the site is a good contribution. The articles are written well, although a few are outdated. If they weren't good, they wouldn't be up.

6 years ago
rating games is not something I'd put on a CYS resume xD anyone can rate all of the games in a few months.

6 years ago

If it wasn't contributing, we wouldn't get points for it.

6 years ago
I didn't say it didn't contribute. It's just the most mediocre contributions anyone could possibly make once they get an account.

6 years ago

Before ascending to modhood, Endmaster had relatively few points, but his stories sure as shit contributed more to the site than you. Points are hardly a good indicator of contribution.

6 years ago
double back around on the writers block / procrasination by writing erotica and then when you want to procrastinate that write the thing you were gonna write before you started the erotica. It makes for a great cycle.

or masturbate. or both.

6 years ago
Outlines will save you.

Having a detailed outline prepared ahead of time means you can't ever get stuck wondering where to go next with the plot, at least.

Just straight up not feeling like writing or not being able to focus is a different matter that I think everybody has to find their own way to deal with, whether that's removing the possibility of internet distractions while you write or working on low stress writing exercises or side projects to get warmed up.

It's okay to put a story down a little while if you're absolutely burned out, but you may not want to let it sit untouched too long, it gets hard to pick up again. Even just reading over it and doing minor edits helps keep it all fresh in your mind.

6 years ago

Check the articles section. There's at least one article about this exact thing.

6 years ago
Forget the articles! Instead, read my story! The tips and tricks that work in that story can actually help you in real life.

6 years ago

well what i do is go watch tv or when i cant write i go eat or i stand there untill i write. (or the one i do:i keep pinching myself untill i come up with something!!)