WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Message

Toss around ideas and brainstorm your story.

Feens and Faggots

19 days ago

I haven't named the story yet, or really planned it out, but I started it. It's set in the Irish Revolutionary period, going through both the Civil war where a massive chunk of the British empire managed to gain statedom, and the resulting Irish Civil War. 

Feens and Faggots

19 days ago

Finally starting that storygame, I see. Good luck. :D

Feens and Faggots

18 days ago

I spent far too much time rewriting the first bit of Mice and Men to have subtle references to them being gay, and placing it in Ireland. I don't regret a second of it, though.

Feens and Faggots

18 days ago

I noticed that I can easily make it so I do my second post for the week immediately after the first, so today, I learn that when Roger Casement visited Ireland the last time, he was accompanied by Robert Monteith, and according to his memorial there, "a third, unnamed man". So, perfect if the protagonist wants to do that, he'll fit right in.

Feens and Faggots

17 days ago

Today I learned that in the Easter rising, 17 Irish Rebels managed to hold off an assault of over over a thousand British soldiers, taking out 240 of them with only four casualties. It took the British nine hours to advance 300 yards.

Feens and Faggots

17 days ago

Wow. How did they manage?

Feens and Faggots

17 days ago

They're Irish. A bunch of other cool shit happened, like the distraction force meant to divert British force's attention for a few hours lasting three days. Really, it was great.

Feens and Faggots

17 days ago
Lol fucking pommies

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

My 5000 words a day goal is fucking hard, and I'm only just realizing it now, but I've managed to keep it up, so there's that, at least. 135 words left today, folks.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago
Your 5000 words are trash and so are you.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

Again, right in the chat, you desperate need for my attention and approval is sweet, but it gets annoying. Go have a cold shower, dollface.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago
Your posts are becoming less and less coherent as time goes by. I don't have high hopes for this story at all.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

Yet you continue to desperately grasp for my attention. 

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago
Eh idk desperate grasping for attention is more your MO. See: the recent thread you made, literally with 'Steve desperately grasps' in the title.

Constantly referring to oneself in the third person implies a great deal as well.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

Yeah, but I'm just a narcissist who knows all attention should be on him. You, on the other hand, are doing more of a ponytail-pulling kind of of thing where you want the attention specifically from me. It's cute and endearing, sure, but you're old and gross, so I'll pass.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago
You have a ponytail. Noted.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

Interesting that that's what you took from that. I don't, in case anyone was wondering, I'm not some creepy, run of the mill Malk.

Feens and Faggots

14 days ago

I thought 1,900 words a day was hard. split between two stories at that

Feens and Faggots

13 days ago

1900's pretty impressive. It should give you a reasonably massive story in a relatively short period of time, so well done.

Feens and Faggots

10 days ago

Holy-! 44.7K?! Damn, Steve.

Feens and Faggots

10 days ago

I told you 5000 words a day. It's been nine days. I'm actually behind, if anything.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago
Are you like End? Do you just not sleep?

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago

I type at a speed of 89 words a minute. That's less than an hours work. More realistically to add pages, I suppose, but not a ridiculous amount more.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago
I can type 70-80 if I get going, but I could never write a story that fast. My stream of [thought] (can't spell the bloody c-word for the life of me) results in absolute simplistic mush. When I'm writing a lot and in good practice, I can do 1,000 quality words an hour, but when it's been awhile, I may only get about 300.

Anyway, very impressive, Steve.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago

Thank you.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago

How do you think that fast while writing.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago
He writes whatever comes to his mind, essentially.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago

Yeah, just write what comes to mind.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago
That's a good output. If you wrote just 1,000 words a day, you'd have the first draft of a novel in three months.

Feens and Faggots

9 days ago

I'm a little behind, but I plan to catch up this weekend and later during winter break.

Feens and Faggots

6 days ago

I hit a fucking wall because I need to study for law and that. Gave a rough plan, should be able to incorporate the Easter Rising, the IRA-British War and the Treaty War, so Bucky's getting two civil wars for the price of one. Anyhow, 60,000 words, I think. Roughly speaking, maybe a little under, I haven't checked. Anyhow, I sized up my competition, and I actually see a few key threats among the competition, not even including a handful of unknown variables. Due to exams and post-exam drinking, I won't be able to out-write my opponents to a comfortable degree, and my writing ability isn't a killing blow when facing off, so I'm hoping to crush my opponents through a mixture of having a shit ton of accurate historical information for that appeal while also having the edge writing amount wise, and not taking too big a blow via quality. Still, it all depends on how productive I am on my off days, so I guess time will tell. 

Feens and Faggots

6 days ago

Hey, look. It's a cute hedgehog.

Feens and Faggots

6 days ago

Go eat out your own cunt, chink.

Feens and Faggots

2 days ago

242 pages and 67.8k words. I've left to do the Easter Rising, as the path I've done focused on you joining the Great War rather than the volunteers, the Burning of the Common House, and the whole second civil war, the Treaty War. Should be grand, though.

Feens and Faggots

2 days ago

*claps* Surely you'll win with that many words. Your writing isn't complete crap, and with that many words and historical content... Well, I'm screwed.

Feens and Faggots

yesterday

One can hope.

Feens and Faggots

yesterday

There is a difference between quantity and quality you know.

Feens and Faggots

yesterday

I dare say my quantity all has a fair bit of quality.

Feens and Faggots

yesterday

And I never said otherwise.