Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Completely missed the 'WW thread' requirement. Updates twice a week are going to be ambitious, so be prepared for a lot of 'didn't do much the last few days' updates. Anyhow, I wrote the first page yesterday and have a very general idea of what I want to do. Not sure what to write more over here.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago
Yay, one page is progress!

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Enough work for this month.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Might as well give my second update. Didn't do much the last few days in terms of writing, though I do have a general idea of how I want the story to progress and what not. 

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Do we really need to give twice-weekly updates on our stories? Anyhow, wrote one whole stanza this week. Besides thesis-stress and sleep deprivation, this is really about the rate I expected my writing to progress.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago
Law exams. I emphasize. When's your thesis due?

The twice weekly updates put extra shame on people who have to keep putting, "I did nothing." I have to think it would compel most to write a sentence at least. Progress.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

I want to have my first draft finished by Christmas, which means I have about two weeks left to write about ten thousand words. Should be fine.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago
2 updates / week for the sole reason of making everyone feel uncomfortable with their failures and so everyone not participating in the contest can look onto the failures as they happen throughout the month.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago
I already wrote an awful poem for Frank, but here's one more: Roses are red, violets are blue, update your thread, or End will shame you!

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Still busy irl, so didn't do much. Have more time to write next week.

December contest ballad.

6 years ago

Was away during the Christmas break, so I couldn't write last week. Am a bit less busy this week, so I'll probably finish something before the deadline. Anyhow, added a page today, and am fairly sure I'm able to write a few more tomorrow.