WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Message

Toss around ideas and brainstorm your story.

Don't lose your head!

11 days ago
My prompt for @Bucky 's December contest is "Write a story about the Dullahan" and I've spent the last couple of days reading everything I can find on the subject.

I got a late start on the contest and with any luck I'll still manage a decent submission by the deadline.

I haven't really had much success as a "planner", but I've plotted out the main path and have come up with various scenarios for when things go awry. We'll see if I can stick to the outline or if the story starts going off on wild tangents on its own.

Don't lose your head!

11 days ago
I will use this post for my biweekly updates. (PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND)

12/6: Plotted main path and plan to start writing tonight.

12/9: My project word count is currently at 2.4K; mostly brainstorming, etc. Haven't begun writing the actual storygame yet.

12/13: Tweaked the setting and characters a bit and narrowed the focus. With any luck I'll be able to write the darned thing.

12/16: Still banging my head against the brick wall that is this project.

Don't lose your head!

11 days ago
I'm looking forward to this one. It's nice to give some of the non-typical creatures and legends some story time. A lot of different ways you could go with it.

Don't lose your head!

8 days ago
Yeah, this prompt feels like it was tailor-made for me. I'm just having a bit of trouble knowing where to even begin, but I'll get there. Maybe...

"A lot of different ways you could go with it."
I'd wager that "insane" wasn't one of the ways you were referring to...

Don't lose your head!

11 days ago
Good luck!

Don't lose your head!

8 days ago
Thanks! I'll need it...