Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

The Exile

6 years ago

The Exile is the story that I will be entering the contest with. I just started and am working on first page. 

The story will be about your life like most stories on this site. You have been framed for murder and sent to a penal colony on an island in Australia. When you get there you have to learn to servive. Your goal is to escape.

The Exile

6 years ago
Can I hire a better lawyer? ;)

Good luck!

The Exile

6 years ago

That's what you get for stealing Trevelyan's corn so your kids could see the morn, Michael, you fucking thief.

The Exile

6 years ago

Update

Pages: 14 finished/17 made.

Words: 1590/???

Coming along pretty good so far.

The Exile

6 years ago
So that's an average of about 113 words per page?

The Exile

6 years ago

Well I'm going to be honest with you. I don't expect to win. I don't even expect to place. I just want to make a story that gets a 3.00 rating or 4.00 at the most. I hope to edit it once the contest is over.

The Exile

6 years ago

But that does not mean I will not put effort into my story.

The Exile

6 years ago

Update: 0 words

The Exile

6 years ago

0 words?

You've had fourteen days. I've had four, I think, and I've got two-thousand. Steve's had 21 and he's got almost 80k. How the fuck do you only got 0? Besides, I thought you said you had 1500 in the post above?

The Exile

6 years ago

I'm going to guess it means zero since the last time he posted, not zero total.

The Exile

6 years ago

~>less than a month was near a million words *shrugs* people got different writing speeds haha.

The Exile

6 years ago
A million in a month is 30k a day. 2k an hour, fifteen hours straight, every day? Though it pains me to do this to our dear, precious Seto, I'm going to have to call bullshit here.

The Exile

6 years ago

It should have been a monthish? I'm not sure, since time is a bit weird in my head.

It was in the thread I did a while back, how long ago was that?

*answers my own question*

So three months. Ehhh close enough. It was around a 1.4mil words roughly around the time I restarted writing Prompts. X'D

~>200k words I believe, 3 months ago. Restarted Prompts on thanksgiving (last month), so roughly 2 months of writing for 1.4mil words. Which would be 700k per month, which is close enough to 1mil. X'D

?And then subtract from that the 200k I had at the beginning, roughly 600k a month. Sweet! I should finish it, actually...

The Exile

6 years ago

92k.

The Exile

6 years ago

fuck, man

The Exile

6 years ago
Are you going to be the one that's somehow shocked when two thirds of the entrants publish nothing at all?

The Exile

6 years ago

Not really, though I do suspect I won't be able to finish my own entry in time. Luckily I have a back-up story, 100% already planned out that I can write up in about a day and a half no problem. The reason why my own story is taking so long is because of the long, boring prologue.

The Exile

6 years ago
If it's boring for you then why are you inflicting it on us?

The Exile

6 years ago

The pacing between writing versus reading is dramatically different, so it flows better to the reader than it does while being written. Therefore, it's like spending two days directing a one-minute action scene in a movie.

The Exile

6 years ago

Where is that backup story?

The Exile

6 years ago

> servive

High fuckin' hopes 

The Exile

6 years ago

I have done nothing. I hope this counts for the ones I missed. I'v been very buzy.