Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

A 2018 Goal for me,

6 years ago

I need some points on this website so...

In 2018, I'm planning or hoping to write my first story game that year. Can anyone give me advice on a story game? I do enjoy fantasy books, along with war story. I also currently don't have a basic idea what I'm going to write at the moment as well.

A 2018 Goal for me,

6 years ago

This is way too general. If you really do want advice, then at least give us something to work with. Also, you should probably check out the articles on story writing. 

The easiest way to get points is to rate games. I just went on a game rating spree myself and went up quite a bit of points. All it takes is some reading, and if you're at all a decent reader, then you could probably get you're way through several games quickly. 

Edit: Rating games, and writing featured comments. That's how Minnie and Thara were able to gain so many points so quickly.

A 2018 Goal for me,

6 years ago
What Ebon said, you need to at least have some idea of a plot or we have nothing to give advice on.

Or you can count 'figure out a plot' as the first bit of advice if you like.

And I mean you've been here two months and read like, zero games. I'm not actually sure what you've been up to (other than shitposting apparently, looking at your XP history...) but of course you don't have any points.

A 2018 Goal for me,

6 years ago

If I'm not mistaken, you seem to be looking mainly for inspiration, right? Or are you asking for something else here?