Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I am new here, but i have story game experience from Scratch.mit. Any ideas????????smiley

Game ideas?

6 years ago
This is a long shot, but have you considered writing about something you want to write about?

I'm not sure this is something random internet strangers can really help you with.

e: Just as an fyi though, stories with coherent plots are preferred. You might try clicking around on some of the higher rated games to get an idea of what that looks like. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and all that also a must, obviously.

*post is a funny joke*

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Ok, thanks for the tip! And i will get to work on that. Also, i am working on a Kmart story, so i am doing my on thing. Bye!~Jonah~

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Out of curiosity, why Kmart?

Game ideas?

6 years ago

There arent any Kmart stories on the site, and plus since i live in Warren i could talk about the closure of the last Super-K in existence. I am really do believe that Eddie Lampert is a terrible man and he shouldn't be doing this to his buisness.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I also drew interest from the WAL*MART game.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I'd just like to warn you about chasing after idols, the WAL*MART game is definitely not something that'll be easy to 'follow'.

With that said, feel free to go for it, just know that the game being set in WAL*MART was not what made it so good, it was a whole host of things. But don't be discouraged, just know that effort is what makes a story good, rather than just a single thing, like the genre/theme/setting etc.

Mentioning this since you're relatively new here, and some things that might seem obvious when you think about it can be very obscure if you don't.

Anyway good luck.

This doesn't need a TL;DR, right?

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I know it won't, but i will try to go for it. I also just completed the Walmart game so i know how mine is supposed to work.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Up next, The Blockbuster Game and Radio Shack Game.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

My Blockbuster closed in 2010 when they filed for bankruptcy. I will do Radio Shack, but it will be a bit different than the others.

Game ideas?

6 years ago
I'm glad someone is finally taking steps to fill the K-Mart shaped hole in the storygames list.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Yes, Thank you!

Game ideas?

6 years ago

The RadioShack game is coming out tonight at 10:30. Keep watch!

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I have uploaded my first game. It is kinda like worst day of your life, in a way.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

PM me your paypal address so I can invoice you for the 5 minutes of my life I just wasted reading through that..

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Hell no

Game ideas?

6 years ago

I'm actually pretty serious.

I read through both of your "storygames" in about five minutes.

They're so horrendous that I feel I need to be reimbursed for time lost.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

If you are a troll, then congrats. You’ve made me waste two minutes writing this message. 

If you aren’t, then I sincerely think you might just be the single most incapable person at writing I have ever met. Online or otherwise. You can get better though. It involves practice and putting actual effort into your games instead humping your keyboard a few times and calling it good. 

My suggestion. Go read mizal’s profile page. Learn from that, then, after you’ve gotten better, try again. Under no circumstances should you create a until you can at least write a story game until you do this. Understand?

If you do not understand, then I suggest leaving this site in favor of wattpad or something else that cancerous. 

SHORT VERSION; You are bad at writing. Get better or leave.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Short version seconded. 

His username set the bar pretty damned low, yet still seems to have managed to trip over it and fall flat on his face.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Game ideas?

6 years ago
' ' '

Game ideas?

6 years ago
` ` `

Game ideas?

6 years ago

!!!

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Hey guys, that wasn't me. That was my younger brother messing on my laptop. I seriously apologize for his behavior. Anyways, i am sorry i made those games bad. I am new to the storygame genre so i don't have such a big writing profile. I am so sorry for making the games bad. I will improve next time. Goodbye.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Oops, I tried something clever here, but it didn't work.  Never mind.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Oh.

Game ideas?

6 years ago
Ah yes, the clasic "My brother did it" excuse. I'm sure everyone's going to believe you. :)

Game ideas?

6 years ago

No. I have a 12 year old brother. I am 13 years and i let him borrow my computer so he can play online SNES games. He found out i used this and started messing around on my profile. That was him making those posts. I am not as sensitive to negativity as he is.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Uh-huh, brother. Okay, sure, gotcha. :D

Game ideas?

6 years ago
There is no practical difference between a 12 and 13 year old anyway, at least when it comes to the collective sigh that happens when yet another one posts a bad story.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

???

Game ideas?

6 years ago

???

Game ideas?

6 years ago

FFS. I came over here all excited, thinking something of worth had been added to the thread, but no.

Damn you both.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Lol, you could've added more question marks.

Game ideas?

6 years ago

...................           .........................              ......................

Game ideas?

6 years ago
Why don't you write a storygame about a kid whose younger brother steals his/her laptop and proceeds to eviscerate his/her online reputation? The quest will be restoring your online rep, and the moral conundrum the protagonist must wrestle with is whether or not (and how) to punish the younger brother. This seems like a topic you'd be rather familiar with, and it's been said by many good writers to always "write what you know."

Game ideas?

6 years ago

Ok, thank you! I will get to work.