Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Island story

5 years ago

So I'm making a storygame about being trapped on an Island. Should I go Gilligan stile or more like Arrow, or a cross between the two? (I mean not necessarily what should I do but rather what would you rather play)

Island story

5 years ago
I'm not sure what Arrow is, but the bigger question is what you feel more like writing and what will hold your attention enough to actually complete it.

Be careful of grammar and punctuation and all that and make sure it's a complete plot with plenty of choices, and it will most likely be received well no matter what you go with.

Island story

5 years ago

Arrow is a superhero show. And thanks for the advice.

Island story

5 years ago
I feel like you need to stop and re-evaluate your story idea if literally all you have so far is "it takes place on an island". Those two styles are vastly different.

Island story

5 years ago

I'm always a fan of comedy (especially, comic relief within a drama), so I would definitely vote for a hybrid.

Just finished reading Steven King's book "On Writing" last week and figured in I'd sandwich in some stuff he said:

He always writes his first draft with "the door closed" (meaning, for himself and without any input) and then his second draft "with the door open" (i.e. inviting commentary). After the first draft, he sends the manuscript out to five or six friends and then waits a full six weeks before looking at it again (or reading any comments). An interesting point (related to your question) is that his first draft is always written with just one audience member in mind (in his case, his wife)... He writes whatever he thinks she will like the best.

Island story

5 years ago

That makes scence. I'll try that (and actually that does answer my question)