Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Digits Thread 4 Epicness :D

5 years ago
Saving this for my updates and stuff for the contest.

5 years ago
Looking good so far!

5 years ago
Don’t reply to this post plz

Word count
Pages

5 years ago
I"m replying to this out of spite because you haven't updated your word count or pages in two months. Stop watching anime and scribble!

5 years ago

- Sunday, June 17: Update #1 on plot synopsis, genre, theme, setting, and main characters

Title: Reckoning
Genre: Sci-fi
Theme: Video Games and Anime
Setting: Different worlds in VR
Main characters: Anime people

Plot synopsis: MC decides his life is really shitty so he wants to buy a new virtual reality headset. Turns out it’s really enjoyable, but after a few log in sessions shit starts to go down. At that point, everyone’s body has died in the real world, and their mind is now stuck inside this one. A challenge from the game master is given on who is able to complete a specific set of tasks that would allow for resurrection, or god like abilities in the VR world. It is up to you to kill your competitors or try to make allies to get to the top.

5 years ago
Can we reply to this one, or no?

5 years ago
Does MC have a name?

How is his life really shitty? It can't be that shitty if he has the money to buy a new VR headset.

What type of shit is going down?

How did their mind get stuck in the VR world? If their body is dead, wouldn't getting out of the VR world kill their mind too?

What happens to your mind if you die in the VR world?

5 years ago

At this rate I'm guaranteed a win.

5 years ago
The plot sounds like Ready Player One mixed with Danganronpa 2.

With additional waifus I assume.

5 years ago
Everything is sao

5 years ago
I gave him that idea for the last contest, thinking it'd keep his interest long enough to stick with one story idea. Well, that still failed. And now he decided to try to make it distinct enough to not be fan fiction.

5 years ago
Thanks to very awesome beta reader Mayana for reminding me about the deadline at the last minute.

Update #2 July 1

I got around 5000 words so far, most of the prologue stuff in and such, been watching a lot of anime as inspiration and determination to get out my masterpiece. I got some planning and drafts down for a main path I’ve been working on so that’s also pretty good. What I’m working on right now is just the start of a romance path with a big titty goddess who will also be the best of all the romance options in my honest opinion.

The hardest thing so far in this journey to epic ness would have to be my procrastination, and my heavy labor. Between cuddling my body pillow and sweating in the fields, I’ve had little time to actually write the amount on which I wanted. Probably should have thought my submission through but oh well.

I’ve also been wanting to get a dog, maybe a husky, since you know. White Power

I guess that’s all.

5 years ago
I hope you got a raise at least.

5 years ago

White power!

5 years ago
Malamutes are far superior to measly huskies.

5 years ago
I want to thank Senpai Mayana again for the reminder

Update #3 Progress and most enjoyed aspect

My progress is going well, I’ve put on hold my coding lessons since those are far to easy to complete so I’ll put those on hold and work more on my writing. I’ve added a few more paths and have dabbled into adding a pretty kawaii Romance option, don’t know if I’ll be adding in a Trap RO, depends on how I feel the story will go.

So far I’ve been having lots of fun just writing in some characters along with doing some goofy ending paths in which I have the charachter die a miserable death just for the lolz.

I continue on my quest for my best story ever, and to totally beat Klam and Mizal and Chris.

5 years ago

I mean considering I haven't even tried writing for my story in like a week by now, yeah, you're definitely gonna beat me. Probably gonna get a second wind towards the end of the contest and crank out a barely 60k word story to avoid SHAME. Won't be getting that sweet point bonus for doing all the updates though.

Also traps are gay.

5 years ago
Update #4 Progress and hardest part.

Things have been going really, really well. Ideas have come and gone but I have stuck with one about a ghosts, I managed to get 5k words in the span of two days so I'm really good as long as I write 1k words a day, so I'll use the enthusiasm of this new story as much as i can before I burn out from it all. Currently im stuck with charachter development on one path but I'll get that worked out soon enough so it's all good.

The most challenging part that has come with writing this story would have to be the perspectives and writing emotions that can relatable and stuff. Though honestly as I write more it gets to be easier so that's not all that much of a problem for me as it would be.

Anyway back to the grind to 60k

5 years ago
UPDATE 5

Alright, so not wanting to be upstaged by these other losers who can't possibly beat me, I've been going full tryhard and writing at least 4k words a day so far, I'm on the edges of meeting the deadline as I get into the middle of all my paths, and have a point in which I know I'll be able to stop.

What's motivated me so far? Well I don't want to lose my bet to Chris or Malk, and with Chris quitting I just have to deal with Malk who will also not turn anything in. I also finally want a shiny feature star so I can give a excuse to stop writing stories while saying I acheived what I've wanted/

5 years ago
Just reached 30k.

My story is going to be littty since England is my city

5 years ago
Congrats ^_^ You've got 9 days to write the other half, so best of luck!

5 years ago
Do the math again.

5 years ago
Oh wow I thought the deadline was September 8th for some reason. My bad you've got a month XD All the better, best of luck to you!

5 years ago
Update 6.

The story has been going good so far, have had to steamroll some parts in the last couple of days but everything is going relatively fine for me to finish with the requirements on time, have had some stuff that's I've procrastinated with but let's not worry about that. My editing has been going pretty well when it comes to grammar, but i'm not entirely done so nothing really i've been to worried about to be honest, back to the grind.