Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Thoughts about my game "No Littering"?

5 years ago

Hey guys, what do you think about my game "No Littering"? Its a W.I.P. I need your thoughts so i can improve it.

5 years ago
Moved this to Writing Workshop. Five second glance as I did so and the way the dialogue is formatted bugs the heck out of me but otherwise the writing looks fine and the prison setting at least should be interesting.

You probably should include a link in the thread.

5 years ago

Thanks, ill try to fix the dialogue.

5 years ago

By the way, what chat chat format do you prefer?

Please give me an example.

5 years ago
Well yours is in script format or basically like video game dialogue, which is kind of a pet peeve of mine. I can't speak for whether it would annoy anyone else, but if you'll look around at some other stories, most on the site write it the same way as in a novel.

"I'm going to shove macaroni up my nose," you say.

Eric looks excited. "Ooh, me too!"

5 years ago

Ah, okay.

Thanks for telling. Ill see if other people dislike it, i shall change it to another format.

5 years ago
I hate it too. It's wrong. Please fix it. Your current format is fine for plays, but this isn't one.

5 years ago

Ok, thanks for your feedback, ill try to change it.

5 years ago

Also, what chat format do most people prefer?

5 years ago

Use the one Mizal suggested. Also, I don’t like your chat formatting either. That only works for plays.

5 years ago

Alrighty.

5 years ago

Im not quite familiar with that kind of format, but ill try. Tell me if i made any grammar mistakes if possible.

5 years ago
That one's pretty easy to figure out as you go actually because you can just open pretty much any random book and find examples.