Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Spacing between words annoyance.

5 years ago

Hello everyone, I've got a problem, while I am writing my story, I have a scene in which to protagonists speak to each other. I find this too much spacing: (Below)

"Hello?"

"Oh, hello there!"

Say, EndMasters story game, Eternal. The first page mainly features character speaking to each other and the spacing that End used was quite adequate for what I want to use. Could anybody tell me how to decrease the spacing between the words?

-Rattler

5 years ago

The way I get around it is writing everything on Word first and just copy/pasting everything to the text box, while having the rich text editor turned off. Everything looks just how it should, baring anything meant to be bolded, italicized or something similar. Then I just use the tags for those.

In general it’s probably better to turn off the rich text editor anyway before writing a story due to all the weirdness it causes most of the time.

5 years ago

Thanks! I thought it would be something refering back to writing out parts of the story with another progam... Because I had checked through all of the settings, ETC but could not find anything to do with spacing.

5 years ago
Yeah that sounds like an issue caused by the the rich text editor. You can turn it off in your profile settings, although that means you may not be able to use fancy fonts on the forum anymore unless you learn HTML.

5 years ago

Yeah, I think I will just go with what End said at first and copy/paste from word. Because I think rich text editor (RTE) can be helpful at times.

5 years ago

Just turn it off for story writing and then turn it back on for when you post on the forums. Have to log out and back in before the change "kicks in" though.