Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago
Well, I think I finished the code for my storygame. I wrote it with a concussion though, so if anyone could maybe play through a few levels and tell me if I missed anything before I go publishing it, I'd be eternally grateful. My Probably Sad Attempt at Coding a Game.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago

I've defeated the first two kingdoms and tested the other ones (where instead I've been smashed to the ground of course), and it seems everything is working well. How you managed to write it with a concussion remains beyond my comprehension.

I really like the pictures for the classes/races btw.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago
Thanks! The third kingdom is where you run into the first more powerful enemy, so it may require a bit of grinding. Do you think it's too imbalanced though? I didn't want to make it too easy, but it's not supposed to be impossible either.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago

No, I don't think it will be too hard. Well, I haven't managed to defeat it but just because I wanted to give feedback quickly, so I didn't spend time grabbing enough gold from the first two kingdoms. From then on I just put a goblin inside to check the links in the other kingdoms and be defeated.

For the moment I haven't upgraded the tower yet but I think I might have to sooner or later lol. The only thing I didn't understand was if the special floors power up specific minions or if they do more damage to specific enemies.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago
They power up specific minions. I was going to make the minions do more damage to specific enemies depending on their type (like a rock-paper-scissors type thing. Strength beats Speed, Speed beats Magic, Magic beats Strength) but couldn't get that particular code figured out in time. That's the only reason the humans even have types.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago

Thanks for the explanation! Yeah I was uncertain because of the fact that the humans had types, too. 

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago
No problem, thanks for the feedback :) I'll probably keep working on that code and try to work it in after the contest.

Final Bug Hunt

5 years ago

That code will certainly expand the strategy but I don't think the current, simpler system is bad either. I don't really have a strategic mind so even winning in this mode will feel like a great achievement to me, lol.