Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

KRAKEN

4 years ago

I am in the planning stages of my next story. I wrote a pretty detailed outline that the creation of didn't cause me to detest the project. So that's good.

I am terrible at summaries, but here we go. Now in the story, you start off as a whaler doing cool whaling things. Of course you tell stories of sea monsters, but that's just what they are. You hear about a ship found with all the crew and passengers disappeared. You get back to your life until THE KRAKEN APPEARS. From then on it's a desperate attempt on your part to survive.

I plan to take my time with this while working on it regularly and consistently, that it may be the best story it can be and more than just Moby Dick knock-off with tentacles. For this reason, I plan to post portions of it in this thread at least once a month.

Kraken and Ship

KRAKEN

4 years ago

When you finish it, I'm getting a bottle of that rum to drink while I read it. 

KRAKEN

4 years ago
Sounds like an excellent plan.
I hope it does not take the entire bottle to get through it.

KRAKEN

4 years ago
I've got a bottle of it in my cabinet right now.

KRAKEN

4 years ago
I finished my first bottle of rum.

KRAKEN

4 years ago

Yo ho ho. How'd you like/drink it?

KRAKEN

4 years ago
Aye

KRAKEN

4 years ago

Can't wait to see stuff about this

KRAKEN

4 years ago
Yes, I shall get back to it soon.
...Ok. Maybe in a few weeks, but I'll do research in the meantime.

KRAKEN

4 years ago
I think I need to watch this now.
For research, you know.

KRAKEN

4 years ago

Make sure you watch the original, not the remake. The story is much better... even if the special effects were dated even by 1981 standards.

KRAKEN

4 years ago
I have seen the remake before.
Dated special effects would be the best part! I'll get around to it when that once a year event occurs where I decide to watch something by myself

KRAKEN

4 years ago

the Kraken in that photo kind of looks like he is doing the Creation of Adam finger thing. Only in this case it would be "Creation of a Rock"