Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need help with writing a Zombie apocalypse story

4 years ago

I plan on writing a story with many branching paths, where it's unlikely for paths to cross over one another. At each death there's a fragment of the character's memory to have an , and occasionally fragments of memory at certain parts. I also plan on having an extensive plague lore, but that's only found as files in certain computers in-game( a bit like an Easter egg). 

Looking for volunteers for The Story

I work a couple hours each day on it, but what I ask is that they work a minimum of thirty minutes a day and that they're serious about the Story. 

4 years ago
I’d like to know about the time period, setting and how similar to Berka’s game you’re planning on making it. I’d like it if you put it into sneak peek mode so I can view the quality/aspects of it. Also, stop capitalizing the word story.

Edit: I looked at the title, and this better not be some save the world parody.

4 years ago
No, you don't understand. This is much bigger than a simple CYOA.
It's not just any story. It is The Story--the Holy Story told to him in by the ghost of Harambe (PBUH).

4 years ago
Oh, then I’m definitely in.

4 years ago

I'm sorry that I keep capitalizing story, it's just that Stories are what make this world what it is, and it isn't even close to STW, and I'll change it to Sneak Peak right now.

4 years ago
Never mind, I can already see where this is going. Good luck though.

4 years ago

I'm afraid I got a story I'm working on myself - as do most of the writers here - but allow me to give you a piece of advice.

Nobody recommends writing projects with multiple people. If you still want to do so, I suggest constantly backing it up, and - this is for writing in general - I strongly suggest using Scrivener to write, or Word if you don't have it.

4 years ago

Oh, another thing; you should create a short story (~1000 words will do!) and publish it on Creative Corner. That way, people will see how you write, which may help you get the co-writers most similar to you.

Good luck on The Story!

4 years ago

Hey, I’m also writing a Zombie Apoc Story. I’d love to help you out. I have about an hour a day, and now that summer is rolling up... I may have a lot more time. Now I’m not the most experienced or the best writer, but at the least, I figure my services could be used and then edited as seen.

4 years ago

Usually, people forget about such things after eighteen days. Was necroing this thread neccesary?

4 years ago

Yes! Indeed it was.

4 years ago

No, no it really wasn’t. 

4 years ago
Seeing as the OP hasn't even started a story yet, you're better off just writing one of your own, by yourself.