Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Need a Title

4 years ago

Hey guys I just started writing a storygame and the concept seems pretty promising, but I still need a title. Basically, at the beginning you get an option to choose whether you want to become an angel or a demon after you died. From there there are several branching paths and you can basically do whatever you want. I'm not nearly done with it yet but I've got the first page and one ending done. If anyone could help me come up with a title, that would be amazing. Oh, and while you're here, would someone be able to tell me how to make a proper ending?

Need a Title

4 years ago
Just use anything for a title for now, you can always change it later, and something may come to you as you work on the story. To end the game, from the last page click Add Link, and check the box for End Game and Leave Comments.

Need a Title

4 years ago

Awesome, thanks.

Need a Title

4 years ago

"Halo, or Hell, no!"

Need a Title

4 years ago

I like that a lot. Unless I come up with something better, I'll keep that as the title. Should I credit you in the description or something?

Need a Title

4 years ago

Sure, that would be great!

Need a Title

4 years ago

"Angels and Demons"  ... Oh wait, don't use that... Might run into copyright issues.

The title is sometimes easier after you write a few pages, or the whole story.

Playing on the heaven and hell theme would be fun though! 

"Horn or Halo" would also work well!

Need a Title

4 years ago
Demons and Angels. Maybe it doesn't roll of the tongue as well, but I think it gets the message across.

Need a Title

4 years ago

The idea that you can "do anything" is somewhat worrying, given the fact that obviously, I can't do anything I want in your storygame. Writing so many paths as to maximise the freedom of choice often makes a story so much work that you just give up halfway. I'd recommend maybe going a bit smaller.

Oh, and since you asked, I'm going to suggest "Unearthly wings" on the assumption both demons and angels have wings.

Need a Title

4 years ago

You misunderstand, there is only one story path. The choice and pages just happen to be labeled “anything.”

Need a Title

4 years ago

I misspoke. You can't really "do anything," as I said, but my plan is to make several paths to give the player some freedom in their choice. Sorry for the confusion.

Need a Title

4 years ago

I think a good ending to it would maybe either have all angels or demons gotten rid of, depending on what the player chooses to be?

Need a Title

4 years ago

Or possibly a choice for the player to choose to do this? Create a moral dilemma? Not sure, but you've surely gotten me thinking.