Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Year end graveyard tryst (contest)

4 years ago

I have a loose idea of what I'll be doing which is good considering I already started writing. As always, my problem is that there's just too many choices I could so I end up getting backed up and not finishing writing. So this time around I'm shooting for simple but quality. Maybe it won't be fantastic, but by golly I will finish writing one god damn storygame.

4 years ago

Sorry, had a personal thing come up so I didn't post any progress. I have three of the endings nailed down in my head so now it's a matter of writing them out. I never know what to write in progress updates without giving too much away. 

4 years ago

Alright, as it stands the description of my game is more of a teaser and reads as follows:

"There's a story about the graveyard-- shut up, Tom. Ehem. I said there's a story about the graveyard just up the road. Yeah, I bet you've all heard ghost stories and stuff. Been told not to go there at night and shit. Well, I have a story and it's 100 percent true... Because it fucking happened to me, you shithead. Now listen up or I won't tell it.

It's said there's a spirit that lives in the graveyard and knows all kinds of stuff about the place. If you go up to the grave of this one guy, Thomas Albright, and lay down on top of it with your eyes closed, you'll hear this lady's voice. And if you talk to her she'll tell you all kinds of fucked up stories... Of course it's true. Ohhhh no. You won't get me to do it a second time. It scared the shit out of me the first time. Well, if you're so sure, then go try it yourself. Coward. Come on, who wants to see Tom shit his pants? That's what I thought. Well, Tom, you gonna do it?"   

4 years ago
How close do I have to be to Tom when I watch him defecate in his pantaloons?

4 years ago

Right up in the shit.

4 years ago
When do we get the prequel story about the person who started napping on graves to figure this out?

4 years ago

Ask the ghost lady yourself. I'm sure she'll remember.

4 years ago

I have written an unknown amount of words. I am a fool and can't figure out how to look at total word count and also don't want to count manually. Nevertheless, I assure you there are a good amount of words with very little said.

Edit: I'm around 2900. Apparently I'm better at rounding numbers than I am at making myself write.

4 years ago

So structure-wise, I've decided (since I have a deadline) I should just do what I'm comfortable with, so this will be less game and more interconnected little stories. Maybe not as entertaining or bold, but considering the only storygame I have published on here is a fairy thing I wrote in two nights and didn't proofread, I'd just like to write something simple but polished this time around.

Favorite line of the day: Perhaps I fell into the dull haze, perhaps I fell unconscious. Either way, the world blurred like fever, and when I came back to myself the march of soil reclaiming its place had long since deteriorated into the snuffling, shifting, soundless sounds of earth making itself comfortable.

4 years ago

I have the skeleton finished. There was an issue with one of the links not wanting to move to the next page and instead wanting to just loop forever. I'll figure that out or move it, haha

Edit: yeah, I fixed it. I'm just a fool when it comes to computers, haha

4 years ago

I was working under the assumption this was due tonight and that I had procrastinated too long, so guess who gets to proofread tomorrow!

4 years ago

Finished technically though it doesn't count for the contest:/ 

I noticed some reviews coming in, I don't think anyone's reached one of the endings though and I'm interested to see thoughts if they do. Glad for those who read some of it though!

Otherwise, I might expand it out. It's a little disheartening to work with after the last minute disqualification, but I did have more details I wanted to add (need more skill programming and wanted the last ending to be expanded into a new chapter that's more choice heavy).

4 years ago
Still a pretty solid story to have in your profile, and you may get reviews on it long after you've recovered from loss of your pointless points.

4 years ago

I don't know how I didn't think of that before.  Thanks for the nudge.

4 years ago

Hmmph... alrightey then.