Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Searching for a person to proofread and playtest

4 years ago

Hey people out there.

I have posted my first storygame here some time ago called "The Guardians Riddles". After having it published a while I saw that some people gave me feedback on it that was not all to great. So after waiting for a few comments and tips I unpublished the game to give it a once over.

I have now finished my work on it and am searching for one or two people to play through it, give me their feedback and tell me if they spot any grammatical errors or links that are not working correctly.

Anyone who might be interested please just reply to this post so I can get into contact with you via PM.

4 years ago
no

4 years ago
I know it's extra work but I'd really recommend copying the new version over to a fresh storygame. The edited version won't show up on the new storygames list when you republish it, and new readers may be influenced by the 3/8 rating they see. Meanwhile people who have already read it may not bother to go through it again and adjust their rating.

If you changed enough you can publish it as a new game and get around all that.

4 years ago

Thank you for that hint. I guess that is a good way to get more people reading the new improved version of my game. The only drag is to recreate the links again which are quite a lot since I made my riddles so you have to type the answer.

Second thing that will help me though is the fact that I can recreate the structure so it is more logical. Lost my overview a few times while writing since all the new pages for the backstory ended up being on the bottom of the list.

4 years ago

I am moving slowly, but I am still going to proofread it! I sent you the first page.

Also, the backstory has a really strong start for anyone that enjoyed the riddles.