Equator City

A sci-fi storygame by JohnX

Commended by mizal on 3/2/2024 3:02:23 PM

Player Rating5.92/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
Based on 18 ratings since 02/16/2024
Played 235 times (finished 9)

Story Difficulty6/8

"Wandering through the desert"

Play Length6/8

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

Maturity Level3/8

"Must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

I may be an orphan who lives on the streets of Nairobi, Kenya, but I have my eyes on the stars. After all, it's 2101 and people are up there exploring other planets! Why should I be left behind?
Oh, you think I don't stand a chance, do you? Cos I'm poor. And black. And you think I'm ignorant, maybe. A fourteen-year old like me is destined to live a hard life of survival on these mean streets, right?
Wrong.
It's my dream, and I hold onto it through all the hard stuff that comes my way. But then one day the worst happens: my only real friend gets snatched by some thugs. I have to get him back!

This story starts on these mean streets, but if I make the right choices and don't give up, I may just reach my dreams after all!

----------------------------------------------------

This is an adventure-puzzle-story, with plenty of story at certain points along the way. It can be quite long, since it has quite a number of locations to visit. If you like to take your time and dive right into a tale, if you're willing to feel what someone else feels, then this could be for you. If all you want is some quick clicks, or meaningless violence, or lots of gold and jewels, you might try somewhere else.

Note: there's a small degree of randomness and some variables-moving-behind-the-scenes, so I hope that no two attempts to play the game will turn out exactly the same. Also... I've tested it to the point where I can't find anything more to fix, but you may find the odd glitch. Please let me know and I'll take a look!

It's listed as Sci-Fi, but this story mainly takes place on Earth, with not much Sci but plenty of Fi. 

EDIT: fixed all the path errors I could find, & play-tested some more. Should be good to play!

Player Comments

view more...
Psych on 3/8/2024 1:34:02 AM with a score of 0
view more...
MiltonManThing on 2/14/2024 4:38:28 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Kurt_Woloch on 4/3/2024 10:25:43 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Cyclonis on 3/13/2024 7:45:36 PM with a score of 0
view more...
PerforatedPenguin on 2/12/2024 5:51:10 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Gower on 2/12/2024 7:59:40 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Mizal on 2/10/2024 5:53:52 AM with a score of 0
Show All Comments