My Little Pony: The Crystal Beacon

Player Rating4.16/8

"#448 overall, #21 for 2021"
Based on 68 ratings since 02/16/2021
Played 1,054 times (finished 64)

Story Difficulty3/8

"Trek through the forest"

Play Length6/8

"It'll be a while, better grab a Snickers®"

Maturity Level3/8

"Must be at least this tall to play"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 10. If this were a movie, it would probably be between G and PG.

A pony finds a mysterious, unopenable Crystal Chest. With little idea as to what it is, they travel to Equestria in order to find somepony who can open it and discover what it is.

Meanwhile, something sinister is happening in Northern Equestria. The Crystal Empire is on total lockdown, with nopony being able to get in or out. What could have caused this mysterious event? Is it related somehow to whatever lies in the Chest? To find out, you must travel the lands of Equestria, meeting friends and enemies along the way, and discovering lore about the world you have found yourself in. And when you find out the answer to the mystery, your decisions on how to deal with the sinister, powerful forces arrayed against you will affect the whole of Equestria for a long time to come...

 

This game features - 

- An RPG stat/perk system. Much of this game is focused on Skill Checks. There are 6 game stats which you can affect, plus a choice of optional perks that will allows you to bypass some areas. It is advised that you spec heavily into 3-4 stats of your choice, as the majority of Skill Checks will be reasonably high.

-An XP system. A few areas will require your character to be more experienced. XP can be increased through passing skill checks, exploring and interacting with the world, reading books and by completing quests.

-There are three side quests, though there are FAR more unmarked, misc. quests and explorable areas, as well as a main quest. The main quest can be completed in six different, unique ways.

-Seven distinct endings, dependent on the choices you make.

 

This game was inspired by Interplay/Bethesda/Bioware games such as Fallout and Knight Of The Old Republic, which allowed you to explore areas based on your level, and pass skill checks. There was also some inspiration from the game "Eastshade". There's no real combat mechanics in this game and an extremely small amount of violence, not because I am neccessarily against violence in games but because I think that violence has really been done to death (no pun intended) in recent times and that games and stories are capable of a lot more than that.

 

Author's note : While I tried to include a lot of optional content here, you can still power through the main quest and ignore everything if you really want to. This is not reccommended, as doing the main quest with low XP makes it less likely that you will reach a "good" ending, though it is still possible to do so. Also, there is a single encounter in the entire game that can kill your character if you are not prepared for it, however, this is in an entirely optional area. 

You don't have to be familiar with My Little Pony in order to play this and I have tried to accomodate people who are unfamiliar with it. However it does reference many events in the series so if for whatever reason you don't want to know what happens in the TV Series, due to spoilers or whatever else, maybe this game isn't for you. I've done my best to filter out bugs, and goen through each possible playthrough of the main quest, but I can't guarantee that it's 100% bug free.

 

EDIT :Some minor bug fixes have been made since the release based on feedback, as well as certian dialogue options and choices being clarified.

Player Comments

view more...
— Anonymous 9 on 2/7/2024 11:39:16 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Alienrun on 2/5/2024 3:30:51 PM with a score of 0
view more...
TheDifferentNinja on 12/21/2023 6:51:12 PM with a score of 0
view more...
fresh_out_the_oven on 10/24/2022 7:06:30 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Celicni on 10/2/2022 4:16:23 PM with a score of 0
view more...
Yummyfood on 3/7/2022 10:23:12 AM with a score of 0
view more...
— Someone on 2/7/2022 7:09:40 AM with a score of 0
view more...
— Joe on 2/6/2022 12:59:02 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Agent0Fluffy on 10/20/2021 4:53:18 AM with a score of 0
view more...
Gooddwarf on 2/16/2021 3:21:26 PM with a score of 0
Show All Comments