Revenge of the Sphinx

Player Rating3.31/8

"Too few ratings to be ranked"
based on 66 ratings since 05/17/2015
played 279 times (finished 73)

"trek through the forest"

"A nice jog down the driveway"

"need to be accompanied by an adult"
Contains content that may not be suitable for persons under age 13. If this were a movie, it would probably be PG.

The Sphinx discovered something, after giving the winner of her riddles all of Osiris's treasures, she has no purpose. With no purpose, the Sphinx has to try and guard other stuff.Gloria-Kang-The-Sphinx-in-her-Lair.jpg

I am a big fan of riddles (I'm the Riddle Wizard!), so I enjoyed playing this storygame very much. I did have some issues with this, however, and that ruined the experience. Hopefully this can be fixed and updated to make it more enjoyable for future readers.

This wasn't very well researched. I feel like barely any effort was put into this, especially when it came to giving the backstory of the Sphinx and how it came to this situation in which the storygame takes place. In the first page, the history of the Sphinx is very vague and non-descriptive. It could be improved with more research and time put into creating this.

If there were any spelling and grammar mistakes, I must have missed them, so kudos to you! ^~^. Good luck in further storygames, and following my advice will certainly help for a future storygame.

3/8
-- Nyctophilia on 3/1/2017 7:41:42 PM
This was an amusing way to spend a few minutes but I have some of the same questions james did. Not sure why the game ends because the player gets a question wrong, wouldn't she just kill that victim and move on?

Ending was sort of weird too, but it may just be a reference to something I'm not getting.

By the way [SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO LIKES FIGURING OUT RIDDLES STOP READING NOW]

it got obvious pretty quickly that the first option was ALWAYS the correct one, you might consider mixing it up a little next time.
-- mizal on 5/19/2015 1:54:50 PM
Easy riddles... no point... left with a cliffhanger in an attempt to be humorous but only made me wish that's where the story started.
-- BigRonn77 on 11/25/2016 2:13:45 PM
The ending was funny. Lol it's never going to be continued
-- CurseOfTime on 2/25/2016 6:41:06 PM
James and mizal both raised the same issues I have with the story. The writing wasn't bad, but the context just seemed kind of odd.
-- Bucky on 1/27/2016 11:59:00 PM
What a game. All the answers are at the very top. At least make it hard.
-- Penworth on 7/10/2015 10:54:58 PM
it's okay. But there wasn't really a twist or a change in the type of riddles. Just looking at words in different ways. So it would have been better if you included different kinds of riddles. Also the answers for the riddles were always the first answer so you'll have to fix that.
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 7/3/2015 5:10:52 PM
A fucking 8/8. Why, you may ask. Why would you give this story a 8/8. Well, fuckers, here's why.

Because she didn't lie at the end of the story.

To Be Continued (<-- That's A Lie, It's Never Getting Continued)

I laughed my ass off to that.
-- Puppy on 5/20/2015 11:06:56 PM
hehehehehe
-- AthenaT on 5/19/2015 7:23:36 PM
Wait, if we are playing from the perspective of the sphinx, then why do we have to answer her questions? Also, why is it that, if we, as a human, answer the question incorrectly, the sphinx counts it as a loss on her part?
-- jamescoker1226 on 5/17/2015 6:06:42 PM