Player Comments on Evolution

That was…interesting. I like the idea behind the game. I like that you do let people give up. I’m not sure I understand the scoring system, though. The intro says that a lower score is better and 0 is for giving up. That, to start, doesn’t make sense because 0 is lower than 1, so does that mean giving up is best? But as I evolve and learn new things, my score keeps going up, so I don’t know what that means. It felt like a higher score was better.

The story itself was okay. Again, I liked the idea, I liked discovering things, but it was odd that I died and then evolved. Wouldn’t death kind of be the opposite of evolving? Ah well. It was fun, and I liked that there at least appeared to be options. Of course, with the increases in score, I guess there was primarily the one ending, but it was still entertaining to get to that ending.

It would have been nice if the items had something other than the default pictures, and those items really could have some neat looking things on them. Also, each bit potentially could have had a lot more description on the page about what was going on. A couple pages had some rich descriptions, but most had just a quick statement of facts and then on to the next page. Thank you for sharing the story with the site!
-- Ogre11 on 7/25/2018 12:28:51 PM with a score of 6
A good idea for a game and it I did find it pretty fun. If expanded it would be fun perhaps to see different sides of evolution, e.g. sacrificing traits to gain others. Also, because of the evolution focus, I thought I was playing as the next generation rather than respawning the same animal, but later events suggested otherwise. Overall, however, not a bad effort :)
-- Sidewelter on 2/27/2013 3:38:13 AM with a score of 4
I mean that was very short and easy
-- EpicFirebird on 4/24/2019 5:47:18 PM with a score of 2
Meh. Could be longer.
-- TheMobile on 2/14/2019 11:04:59 AM with a score of 6
Are you serious? It goes NOWHERE! whats the point of this game being so repetitive?!
-- ??? on 2/13/2019 12:03:10 PM with a score of 2
This was fun and I enjoyed it, but i want more too!
-- mammothe on 7/16/2018 1:12:04 PM with a score of 3
I like the idea of evolving your own animal, maybe even watching what happens while generations pass by and a whole species evolves and evolves further, but in this case you did not use this possibility (That is a pity).
You stayed just on one single level with some fighting, climbing and...ehm...flying. The idea is good though.
-- Tolstojewskin on 4/1/2018 8:11:03 PM with a score of 4
Expand it MOREE
-- judethedude on 2/23/2018 12:23:12 PM with a score of 3
Interesting idea. Like others I would like to see this expanded, or at least, something like this. Although some might find it annoying, I appreciate that the game recognizes the trial and error nature of itself.
-- Mynoris on 2/13/2018 2:01:54 AM with a score of 3
I'm sorry, but this was WAY too short. Maybe you could make it longer?
-- KingofRaptors on 1/28/2018 8:22:20 PM with a score of 4
good but could be longer
-- eleanor on 12/8/2017 8:15:19 AM with a score of 6
There's a great idea here with lots of potential but I feel it was published a little too early. Could have made it longer.
-- Robin8 on 7/10/2017 1:49:44 AM with a score of 4
Pretty good.
-- wbzd n on 4/1/2017 1:05:56 PM with a score of 2
WTF three words to sumerize this game, you just keep dying and randomly gaining things we=hen you die, it's pointless and not realistic at all, there is no way to win exept dying and randomly colecting stuff, poorly written, and not desinged well enough, why don't you get gills for drowning the way the game works? I DONT GET THIS GAME
-- Chickdove on 3/27/2017 9:48:26 PM with a score of 3
This is a fun, original concept, massively limited by the short length. I think this is an idea that could work really well if a lot of effort was put into making the story longer, with more evolutionary traits and paths.
-- tjwilliams555 on 2/16/2017 5:46:10 PM with a score of 3
Really nice concept, but direly needs content. This is currently a five minute game that shows a lot of promise, would love to see a larger version of this.
-- StrykerL on 1/23/2017 11:39:54 AM with a score of 4
I like the idea, but I think this was way too brief. I did get some enjoyment out of trying to figure out the different ways to win, but it was over all too quickly. As far as I could tell, there were only three traits you could gain from evolution and only two paths to victory. Coupled with very sparse writing, I just think that the great concept is wasted on a storygame that's over way, way too quickly.
-- 31TeV on 11/21/2016 5:43:33 AM with a score of 2
Good, but could use a bit more details, maybe more pages. Anyway, nice job!
-- rosystar on 9/7/2016 11:18:23 PM with a score of 2
not bad
-- omgitschowhall on 7/1/2016 1:44:46 AM with a score of 3
Good. Cool concept, could be better execution. Great job though!
-- madmax on 6/12/2016 6:01:14 PM with a score of 5
I found a mate and had a score of 2. This storygame was so short, it needs to be longer.
-- Bouquin on 4/16/2016 4:55:19 PM with a score of 2
What a waste.
-- MisterMeep5 on 4/1/2016 4:49:07 PM with a score of 4
This is an amazing game and I hope to read a number 2.
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 3/6/2016 11:58:26 PM with a score of 5
nice idea but should be muuuuch longer
-- reader73 on 2/29/2016 5:37:14 PM with a score of 2
Cool. 5/8
-- TheBossWriter on 11/25/2015 11:59:31 AM with a score of 5
cool game
-- Zaguiza14 on 10/13/2015 6:29:38 PM with a score of 3
Thought this was a pretty cool consept: dying then re spawning with the skills that you should've learned to avoid your last death. A new take on the classic evolution. I thought the game was pretty fun, but ended very abrouptly which was a huge dissapointment because it was getting really fun and it just needed to go on for MUCH longer. Hope you remake this someday. 3/8
-- SonicTurboTurtle on 9/10/2015 10:11:48 PM with a score of 2
Meh. It was a bit short... And you didn't really "evolve". It was more like finding random body parts and having them magically attach to your body. Nice concept though. Everything was spelled right and the choices made sense. 4/8.
-- MidnightPhoenix on 8/24/2015 8:24:06 PM with a score of 5
This was awesome and a great idea, but too short. ;(
-- GMB13carat on 7/9/2015 9:48:33 PM with a score of 4
It was a great idea, but it was way to short! I wanted it to be longer! It was super fun evolving but it was over in a flash.
-- Lifina on 7/8/2015 1:06:34 PM with a score of 4
Erhm...okay.
-- Cloudflame on 6/1/2015 1:08:04 PM with a score of 4
It had no real plot at all and it was not a fun game to play
-- Braveheart on 5/4/2015 12:33:45 AM with a score of 4
It was. . . well. . . about evolution. I would have liked it better if it was longer and if it had more descriptions.
-- Penworth on 4/28/2015 11:44:20 PM with a score of 0
I really don't know what to say
-- AthenaT on 4/10/2015 12:21:39 AM with a score of 3
Wow. Just wow.
-- EagleDimensions on 4/5/2015 1:48:04 AM with a score of 5
I won! It was pretty simple and okay to play.
-- Creature on 3/26/2015 1:44:59 PM with a score of 4
It makes sense, and it's not bad.
-- WizzyCat on 3/14/2015 4:29:56 AM with a score of 2
That wasn't very good, it was alright.
-- lollolol on 3/13/2015 1:41:14 PM with a score of 3
I mated and won!
-- Sir Tacoman on 3/3/2015 1:20:41 PM with a score of 5
. . . that's not really how evolution works. XD
-- Sethaniel on 2/12/2015 10:48:18 AM with a score of 4
This game was amazing. I really liked the fact that you couldn't continue in the game until you "evolve", and get certain attributes. I keep thinking to myself, " what the fuck kind of animal has all of these things?"
Spikes, wings, and claws.
-- Mtactical on 2/11/2015 11:19:47 AM with a score of 3
It's kind of like Evolve for people who don't like reading! Anyway, this story is pretty average. The grammar is meh, the length is... Decent and the use of items and the inclusion of variables makes the story a bit better (Though the gameplay is not that smooth with the inclusion of items).

But honestly, I didn't understand how we die and then get a thing, then try again, only to (Most likely) die and get a thing, then try again, etc. Still, that kind of gameplay isn't bad, just hard to follow and makes the game sort of boring.

To end, the game is good, but the gameplay could be smoother, the grammar could be better and the execution could be less boring. If you decide to fix these things, you would get a 6/8, but until then, Evolution gets a 4/8.
-- Chris113022 on 1/21/2015 9:37:25 AM with a score of 0
It's kind of like Evolve for people who don't like reading!
-- Chris113022 on 1/20/2015 7:39:29 AM with a score of 0
That was cool! I like this game!
-- MultipleMinds on 1/7/2015 10:22:13 PM with a score of 4
Is 3 a good score?
-- Wolfmist on 1/4/2015 12:35:44 PM with a score of 3
Mmmm. It was....... Not bad.
-- WarriorCatsRPStories on 12/7/2014 9:47:46 PM with a score of 4
It's alright.
-- JDeath7 on 12/4/2014 9:05:50 PM with a score of 3
Uhhh.... ok I guess. But very, very, VERY short and without a lot of choices or actual adventure. I'd like it to have a few more choices and for me not to die right off the bat if I don't have a particular part. Instead you should make it so I CAN'T go to a certain place or do a certain thing UNTIL I have that particular part. Also, getting a mate shouldn't end the game. You should be able to reproduce and go on more adventure as your children, and maybe even evolve into sentience, like a tribal, civilization, and space exploration stage. Add these in and I think it'll be a better game!
-- PurplePhoenixFTW on 11/14/2014 7:24:28 PM with a score of 3
Very, VERY short. I did see a lack of punctuation at the end.
-- DerpBacon on 11/9/2014 8:35:02 PM with a score of 3
stupid
-- Wfff on 10/28/2014 11:32:31 AM with a score of 5
pretty fun
-- Farsah on 10/16/2014 7:53:41 AM with a score of 4
Durr. It's okay.
-- Malkalack on 10/15/2014 1:15:59 PM with a score of 4
It was a good idea but it could be greatly improved.

"I absolutely disliked it.
1. It is offensive to Christians like me.
2. You get two choises and you die in both of them.
It is horrible!!!!!!!" - Okay first of all, try playing the game before leaving a review. If you actually played it, you would see that when you die. you gain an item (For example, claws), these items help you go farther into the game.

Lastly, this is not offensive to your religion at all, don't be silly. Evolution is a scientific theory, Google it. If you are so offended by the views of others, that you can't even allow others the freedom of expression, religion and speech, then you should go to the UN and change the United Nations Charter.
-- Madbrad200 on 8/27/2014 10:31:01 AM with a score of 4
I absolutely disliked it.
1. It is offensive to Christians like me.
2. You get two choises and you die in both of them.
It is horrible!!!!!!!
-- elaine on 8/26/2014 9:35:57 PM with a score of 0
Nice concept, executed poorly. First of all, it is too short and there are only 3 items you can get. You never get the ability to burrow or swim, sadly.
-- jamescoker1226 on 8/11/2014 10:19:16 PM with a score of 3
No quite how evolution works... but I like it anyway :)
-- ShyOdessa on 5/18/2014 3:36:02 PM with a score of 0
Decent idea, not so great execution.
-- Killa_Robot on 4/19/2014 1:54:39 AM with a score of 5
Right, because... that's totally how evolution works. Just die and resurrect yourself until you have all the appendages you need.
-- Kiel_Farren on 4/17/2014 10:48:36 AM with a score of 4
Amezing!
-- OldManWillakers on 12/5/2013 8:10:29 PM with a score of 1
Strangest bird ever...
-- ISentinelPenguinI on 10/30/2013 9:45:13 PM with a score of 3
Nice premise, terrible execution.
-- Tanstaafl on 10/6/2013 8:18:19 PM with a score of 2
Has a nice premise, but needs to be much, much longer.
-- Drakilian on 9/10/2013 10:42:30 PM with a score of 2
It's ok, I guess. Not too bad.
-- HaruhiSuzumiya on 6/23/2013 7:05:54 PM with a score of 5
kinda boring
-- Wrestler001 on 6/1/2013 11:25:59 PM with a score of 1
Really, all you have to do keep clicking the same button, and respawn. boring.
-- Psychotikitty on 5/1/2013 10:58:30 AM with a score of 3
evolution is a lie
-- aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa on 4/6/2013 6:24:20 PM with a score of 0
I guess it's interesting in it's own way...
-- Aman on 3/20/2013 9:20:16 PM with a score of 2
This is great idea, but it could definitely be made much better. I had to keep respawning to gain attributes, which is extremely unrealistic. I think you might want to create near-death experiences which give you attributes, rather than die in order to gain them.
PLEASE, PLEASE, expand on this. It is a magnificent concept!
-- vladimir262 on 3/16/2013 12:54:20 PM with a score of 4
It'd be interesting to see how far you could take this.
-- WaywardGirl on 2/26/2013 11:37:16 PM with a score of 3
ok I suppose...
-- dannyjohn1999 on 2/5/2013 11:06:11 AM with a score of 5
I actually really liked this! Interesting premise, my only qualm was it was too short and it needed to be expanded. I wanted gills, and you should have made more endings. One for the flying creature, one for land based, one for aquatic, etc etc. This really has the potential to become something great, may I suggest a redo? 5/8
-- ChaiHai on 8/26/2012 3:33:53 AM with a score of 3
Needs to be more in depth. cool concept.
-- CovElite on 7/11/2012 9:57:10 AM with a score of 3
It's a great concept, but you need to put more time and effort in it. Or you can do what I did with my Storygame Test and look at your comments and keep editing it all the time, like an ongoing project!
-- Amy2 on 6/27/2012 6:51:20 PM with a score of 2
That comment wasn't me, the game would be better if it was longer
-- Xt1000305 on 5/23/2012 4:54:52 AM with a score of 2
Not bad for a first game.
-- Xt1000305 on 5/23/2012 4:52:17 AM with a score of 3
so thelower the score is the better
-- bells23 on 5/14/2012 11:05:48 AM with a score of 3
i got a 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-- sdagfsdfsdaf on 5/2/2012 8:05:43 PM with a score of 2
I made a story kinda like this for my first try. Mine was a "tree" style plot with many branches from making a descision. This could've worked out really well if you had made this into a quest like story. Like finding out about your origins or something along those lines. The thing that bothered me the most was the respawn option. Instead of doing that you could've made it to where you "lay an egg" and that egg would be your checkpoint. Beef it up and take some of my sugestions and this will be great. I love the premise, but you have to bulk it up a little. Good job :)
-- alienalpha on 5/1/2012 9:58:09 AM with a score of 5
Has anyone gotten the best score yet. (2)
-- betaband on 4/29/2012 12:09:49 PM with a score of 2
There was a lot of potential for this game to be something really good, but the combination of not being very long, uninteresting storyline, and constantly having to respawn to gain evolution items made it actually rather monotonous. Still, it was a good idea in the first place.
-- jkulibert2 on 4/29/2012 8:49:37 AM with a score of 4
I feel like a pokemanz! ... and somehow I hate it.
-- ThisisBo on 4/28/2012 9:33:33 PM with a score of 0
I guess, this story is created by writer just for increasing his experience points...
Just like peeling banana
-- RobustSporadic on 4/28/2012 2:09:50 PM with a score of 0
It's an original concept and it has the potential to make a great game. But your story, right now, is way too short.
-- Romulus on 4/27/2012 7:04:52 AM with a score of 3
Very interesting concept. However, it could use quite a bit of polishing and fleshing out. Add some more to it, give the items some pictures, and this could actually turn out pretty good!
-- Doodled on 4/26/2012 5:08:06 PM with a score of 4
I could eat alphabet soup and crap out a better story.
-- cysid2 on 4/26/2012 12:42:14 PM with a score of 3
Interesting concept
-- BerkaZerka on 4/26/2012 9:09:44 AM with a score of 2
I could see where you were going with this, and it was an original idea. But, it was very short and I wish you could have told me the goal from the beginning. Also, the items need pictures because seeing a bag all the time is quite annoying.

3/8
-- JMgskills on 4/26/2012 7:48:45 AM with a score of 3
I kind've get what you were going for but this is really short and just generally not entertaining.
-- playa988 on 4/26/2012 4:27:02 AM with a score of 2
Eh. I've certainly seen worse. (like PotatoKiller).
-- Mrkoolis13 on 4/26/2012 12:09:00 AM with a score of 0