Player Comments on Mall Adventure

Ah, this was rather interesting. Writing wise, this was passable and I rather enjoyed this, outside of it not really being that much of an adventure.

However, there are glitches and looping pages that just really spoiled my enjoyment of the storygame because they weren't all that difficult to stumble into, especially given the length of it.

I especially noticed a glitch when denying the chocolate bar from the woman, the two choices that come afterwards just loops repeatedly. So that was pretty unfortunate since it drove any and all sense of immersion to a screeching halt.

Now onto something rather odd with the actual plot. I may have missed something. But when you do accept the candy bar, the woman is suddenly rude in both of the following choices. That was rather odd, seeing as how she was kind enough to pay for it and all.

Overall, this storygame has many issues that become glaringly obvious with each page and that is very unfortunate as I liked some things. The pictures in particular were rather cute in all honesty.

My personal suggestion would be to read over your own story, seeing if certain things are in working order before publishing, because I feel that many of these things could've been easily avoided with better care and proofreading.
-- TharaApples on 1/19/2017 11:27:31 PM
The only good thing about this story is the one point I get from rating it. I'm sat here, seriously wondering what the hell was going through your mind as your mouse crept closer to the 'Publish' button. Are you testing me, Satan? Did I pass away in my sleep and end up in some pseudo-reality hellhole? What was the point? Why did you make this!? It doesn't make any sense to me, unless your aim was to raise my blood pressure and increase my risk of heart disease.

I want to help, you but you're making it fucking hard with this shit.

Anyway, ad homs aside, here's a breakdown of why this storygame deserves to be smothered in the night:

- Grammatical mistakes on the first page: a pet hate I've come to embrace when reading anything below a rating of about 3.5. There's also a random tense change in there.

- The font changes and starts off blue and tiny... then black and bigger. It's absurd and looks horrible.

- Why the hell is the premise to test a ride and buy a calendar!? This is not, by any stretch of the most creative of imaginations, a good plot. It's dead and barren and lifeless.

- 'be honest and say where you were' leads back to the same page, forcing me to lie to my parents and that's THE END OF THE STORY. THAT'S IT. 10/10 NICE JOB CHUM.

There is, disappointingly, so much more crammed into the waste of 2000 words you spewed out, but you're never going to come online and see my bordering-on-hate-speech comment, so whatever. Screw it.
Oh yeah, and How The Hell is this a 6/8 length as well though!? It's like 2000 words. Just kill me already.

2/8, and you only got that because I misclicked on the way to 1/8.
-- AzBaz on 7/15/2017 10:25:31 AM
Could use some editing, overall was an alright story line. Not a bad start, but could be more interesting.
-- ModernArtemis on 7/11/2017 4:58:04 PM
That Was a fun experience I loved the ending where I got ice cream especially XD
-- Robin8 on 7/9/2017 11:08:30 PM
There were several links that don't work in there...
-- crazygurl on 7/2/2017 3:15:13 PM
I kept running into glitches, like going some where I never choose or ending up in a loop. The story wasn't bad, but I couldn't enjoy it because of the glitches.
-- Ryndragonmaster on 2/29/2016 12:55:52 PM
How old are you? Have to stay with your parent well shopping, but can just leave without them caring?!?!
-- Dmanxbox on 12/23/2015 11:48:09 AM
I would NEVER walk off without a parent...
-- Leafleap on 7/27/2015 1:24:37 PM
It was alright.
-- Rory on 7/30/2014 5:25:48 PM
Not very good, a very short story but it was alright. I wish I was aloud on the rollercoaster though! :P
-- EarthCollision on 3/20/2014 3:53:47 AM
I liked it. It was pretty fun, but I think it needs some comedy
6/8
Good job!
-- Mtactical on 11/13/2013 11:02:43 AM
I don't know why it says the length is 6/8. I explored many paths and it was VERY short. There were more broken and looping links than there were paths, even. It's incomplete, and yelling at a lady takes you to the party and the party takes you to the lady and it's all messed up. I didn't even buy the shirt at one point and it told me I did. Not to mention the multiple paths that take you to the same page. All in all, this sucked.
-- dman2life on 10/13/2013 8:42:58 PM
Awesome game. I love it a lot. I wish I could have gone to the mall of america. Leo
-- dbzfan94 on 9/28/2013 12:05:34 PM
i hit i glitch where i argued with the lady and it sent me to some link about a party i was never at.
-- JamesValkyrie on 5/6/2013 9:43:11 PM
I came here for the small text.
-- toni on 3/8/2013 5:35:24 AM
It was ok
-- betaband on 4/14/2012 2:28:23 PM
it was fun but very short i did say it was more stily better then homework
-- bad gal on 4/14/2012 11:20:29 AM
Hate the small print, the blue. Looking At Shirts links don't work. Short.
-- NeverMind on 2/28/2012 5:28:04 PM
The small text and color was a bit jarring
-- BerkaZerka on 12/27/2011 10:52:11 PM
A strong attempt, but some of the pictures gave me a headache and the game as a whole lacked meaning. I wasn't sure what I was trying to achieve.
-- ugilick on 10/18/2011 9:34:11 PM
Meh. I use that word lightly. 3/8
-- ThisisBo on 10/15/2011 5:39:42 PM
...Photo's are best used for the professionals or in objects. I did not like this at all. If you try again I hope you do better at it.
-- alienalpha on 9/29/2011 11:29:45 PM