Player Comments on Slaying Song

Wow. Great stuff here. And I’m not a ballad fan. I love the setup and the layout on the title page (this one where we are now), and I appreciate the credit for the drawing in the background, too. In the story the color and the font are excellent and work very well with the story and the setting. I love the pressure on the first page to do the bidding of the poor townsfolk!

I like the choices and how the affect the rest of the story. Some might say they’re false choices, but the way they direct the action of the story is really, really good. And with a story of this type, I can’t imagine the work that would be involved with making that number of unique paths, anyway.

This is a really great short story. The prose is just excellent and it is not at the expense of the story. This could even be a story without the prose, even if it were a short story. If I should ever feel the need to write a ballad, I will certainly return here for inspiration. In fact, anyone who wants to see a good story in ballad form should read this story!
-- Ogre11 on 4/30/2018 8:16:18 PM with a score of 308
I thoroughly enjoyed it
-- Kielord on 4/30/2019 11:19:04 PM with a score of 905
I really like it! Everything rhymed, and the pace was great. I'm actually jealous.
-- Anastasia on 2/22/2019 9:22:24 AM with a score of 905
realy good one
-- Davefaster on 2/19/2019 9:11:10 AM with a score of 307
I loved how smooth the poetry was, because I've tried to make stories like this before and I struggled.
-- Algae on 2/12/2019 8:03:33 PM with a score of 307
This was a great story game. Very well written! Excellent job
-- Faervel on 1/29/2019 4:32:42 PM with a score of 307
I'd rate you a meh! On the nomnom scale. I applaud you for writing a very unique short story, I liked your ballad, but I just wish that it was longer... The reason why I rated it so low was just because I'm not a big fan of these types of stories, but kudos to you!
Conversion Chart:
yuk!=0-1 stars
eh!=1-1.9 stars
meh...=2-2.9 stars
nom=3-3.9 stars
nomnom=4-4.9
nomnomnom!=5-6
-- Cake_Oi on 1/29/2019 2:52:33 PM with a score of 307
it was short and simple, I took a rather heartwarming path.
-- macc on 6/21/2018 11:48:36 AM with a score of 307
Wow! This is great! For someone who loves music and fantasy, this was one of my favorite stories on the sight I've seen!
-- MusicalNerd7 on 5/31/2018 7:41:43 AM with a score of 608
It's really good, we loved it
It was great to pass the time
The thing we liked the most is that
It was all in rhyme! :)
-- Frankie on 8/26/2017 4:09:34 PM with a score of 307
Nice game. Yay, the villagers just freed the dragon from its chains. ;)
-- TestingJest on 8/14/2017 3:41:53 AM with a score of 608
I loved the rhyme scheme and everything, and it was a fun read, but all the endings were...how would you say this? The endings were rather lackluster, basically.
Still, fun and I would rate it a 5/8.
-- TryingHard on 7/4/2017 4:22:01 PM with a score of 905
I quiet enjoyed it, you kept your rhyme scheme going, a skilled ballad. Though the story wasn't really there, maybe I'm in the wrong but it's still pretty good.
-- Gawain on 1/11/2017 12:24:56 AM with a score of 307
very enjoyable read!
-- Raptor on 1/4/2017 3:48:32 AM with a score of 307
A slaying song indeed!
-- Riversage on 12/27/2016 12:10:58 PM with a score of 307
Beautifully written. Yet I couldn't find a reason for the story. Everything I did felt pointless, and neither choosing to free the dragon nor kill it felt like an obstacle was overcome or that some impact was had on the world at large.

Upon a replay I found the mind control path, and I thought, "Now we're going somewhere interesting! Alright!"

But no, just the same old endings of free or leave and nothing more.

Eh. Again, writing is great, although some stanzas felt like they broke the flow of the piece. I'm just disappointed in the story. Anyone else could have gone besides the hunter and got their ass mind controlled, beat up, or could have left or freed the dragon.

Simply, my actions, and more importantly, I the protagonist, felt utterly pointless.

Fun read tho.

4/8
-- Aducan on 12/25/2016 9:23:32 AM with a score of 905
This story was rather short, but it was poetic and beautiful. I've never seen someone do anything like this. I loved it!
-- EmberFowler on 12/20/2016 8:38:42 PM with a score of 307
Very nice story, though I think that the dragon slaying idea wasn't so original. You portrayed it well though, props to you.
-- Lilan on 12/19/2016 6:59:30 PM with a score of 307
Nice poem, I didn't notice any errors. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
-- BigRonn77 on 12/19/2016 12:47:58 PM with a score of 307
Awesome.
-- Mage on 12/19/2016 10:04:51 AM with a score of 407
LOL, I knew it would be dragons.

But VERY nice. Between this and pugpup's entry, the Fantasy section's gotten a couple of real gems out of this contest.

Usually I can't stand it when people mess with the fonts, but you picked a good one, the presentation is great here. And the poem itself flows well, I enjoyed the conversation with the dragon, so all around a good and entertaining read.
-- mizal on 12/18/2016 11:25:12 PM with a score of 408
Very good and original, I loved the rhymes. Good work :)
-- MinnieKing on 12/18/2016 11:05:04 PM with a score of 307