Player Comments on The Time Machine Episode 2: The Dino World

The introduction to this story makes it sound quite exciting. But well, after that it kind of went downhill. The first page only has a few sentences, and then asks me to click to go on. There’s no option there, so why is there a link? Why not just include those few sentences on the next page with the next few sentences?

Then there’s the text itself. Well, there’s not a lot there. There is a real potential here for quite an exciting and rich story that was really missed. There could be a lot more description about what the reader is seeing: you’ve put the reader in a prehistoric world! You could spend pages and pages describing all the new sounds and smells they are encountering. You could describe individual animals in detail as the reader learns and explores the new world around them! But instead we get “several furry animals.”

I do like the item use and the link with the item. It is nice to include the different options, but in this case, as another commenter has mentioned – the different options aren’t actually different choices. Instead, it is pick the right choice or die. And worse, there’s no clue at all as to which one might be the right choice. Authors, if you’re going to have a link lead to an ending, it is almost always more effective to have some kind of hint that it’s going to lead to death!
-- Ogre11 on 7/20/2018 3:26:22 PM with a score of 100
Basically a pick the correct choice or die game, really. I mean, about half the "choices" just kill me, and I don't think i'm exaggerating. If I am, not by much.

The first one was a lot better, because the plot was introduced less sloppily and the setting had enough detail for me to actually have a picture in my mind of what it was like. I'd say this is quite a drop in quality from part one to be completely honest.

There were a few grammar/spelling errors, I mean, even in the description. Before you make a storygame about dinosaurs, please learn how "pteranodon" is spelt.

I played multiple times, and no matter which "path" I chose, I died. It goes to show how many death links there are here, and how illogical the storygame was. The situations seemed completely random.

I think it's quite clear you didn't study about the dinosaurs very well, since you couldn't even get a bunch of the names correct.

2/8.
-- MinnieKing on 3/21/2017 7:24:47 PM with a score of 0
I actually kind of liked it in a weird, childish, nostalgic kind of way... Who the fuck doesn't want to explore a world with dinosaurs? ^_^
-- Avery_Moore on 7/24/2020 4:05:16 PM with a score of 100
awesome
-- nathaniel on 2/17/2020 10:09:23 AM with a score of 100
Fab!!!!
-- Dave on 3/25/2018 6:00:49 PM with a score of 100
The plot made more sense than the previous game, and I can tell this is a setting you're interested in. However, it lost the game element that you'd been successful with in the first game. This felt like it was just 50/50 guesses on whether I'd die or not a lot of the time, and other times it was just clicking through the links. There were also a few spelling errors that suggested you hadn't proof-read the story e.g. baerly, thte, cames, stalagtites, veloceraptors.
I'm looking forward to continuing reading this series. I'd advise you to take the good game mechanics from the first story, and combine them with the more logical plot of this story. If you can do that, I think you'd be looking at a vastly improved game.
-- tjwilliams555 on 2/16/2017 6:27:28 PM with a score of 100
this is a very exciting game and people will really enjoy it
-- Mohammed on 2/16/2017 9:20:31 AM with a score of 100
Thanks for the free point!
-- MasonJarGuzzi on 3/14/2016 11:51:24 PM with a score of 0
I thought this was written decent, but I was basically only running around the whole time. 4/8
-- Frontierloc on 12/30/2015 1:10:39 PM with a score of 100
Not bad.
-- Penworth on 7/21/2015 11:07:32 AM with a score of 0
when will the third episode come out?
-- keno351 on 3/31/2015 3:14:08 PM with a score of 100
It ends with death, however you play.
-- ShadowHunterJunior on 3/14/2015 10:21:21 AM with a score of 0
Haha I survived for about 30 seconds :) Clearly I would not do well in the Jurassic era :D The game wasn't great either btw
-- Will11 on 3/9/2015 6:36:01 AM with a score of 0
It was good, I guess. Wasn't even long enough for me tell. This could be a really interesting story, though. Work on it.
-- Stinkybut1 on 8/3/2014 8:28:41 AM with a score of 0
I don't request a sequel, this was very short.
-- EarthCollision on 3/20/2014 3:22:01 PM with a score of 100
Not as item heavy as the first part but nonetheless fun.
-- AppDude27 on 3/5/2014 10:10:53 PM with a score of 100
... I suggest you go play the Journeyman Project series. That is the experience I hope for when I play a time travel game.
-- Kiel_Farren on 11/27/2013 8:03:35 AM with a score of 0
I liked the story, 5/8.
-- dischead on 11/10/2013 10:14:29 AM with a score of 0
The first one was a lot better...I think
The choices were too random and the deaths came randomly...
-- ck23838 on 9/12/2013 9:11:32 AM with a score of 100
O liked it, nice...I guess 6/8.
-- Noodllearms3 on 8/3/2013 2:24:00 AM with a score of 100
Unfortunatly linear with insta-death choices, I don't know if this is a first effort but if it is it could be a good basis when fleshed out with more decription and options.
-- FeanorOnForge on 6/13/2013 2:55:46 PM with a score of 100
Seth says MEH!!! It needs some work. 3/8
-- SethIsBeast on 11/6/2012 8:37:42 AM with a score of 100
Eh. Linear. If not a, then b. Pretty good but a bit dull. Needs to be longer, more plot/character development. If you put some effort into this, I;m sure you could come up with something great.
-- ChaiHai on 8/15/2012 5:15:21 AM with a score of 100
Pretty good. Make it longer and a little more realistic and you could have a pretty good story here.
-- fergie14233 on 3/16/2012 5:32:12 PM with a score of 100
Pretty good
-- betaband on 3/1/2012 9:11:43 PM with a score of 100
that was pretty good. Even though some of it was chance and that there was a little bit of spelling errors I rated it a 5. Play my crappy time machine game called timescape.
-- stegythedinosaur on 3/1/2012 7:45:26 PM with a score of 0
short but not too bad
-- DarkentityOni on 10/29/2011 11:55:35 PM with a score of 100
I think it needs some work.
-- Killer999 on 5/24/2011 12:06:48 PM with a score of 100
This could have been consolidated with Time Machine 1 into one story. I mean it's like reading one chapter of a book at a time. Where's the Pyramid of Danger?

Oh yea, proofread to get rid of the spelling/grammar/syntax mistakes. I think you even misspelled the names of the dinosaurs.
-- urnam0 on 7/24/2009 7:06:25 PM with a score of 100
Pretty good. Not amazing, but fun to read. I just wish there was more to do. Oh well, that's what episodic serials are for.
-- Melike on 1/2/2009 1:04:04 PM with a score of 100
Great game 6/8!
-- Rommel on 3/11/2007 6:43:37 AM with a score of 100
Like the first "Time Machine" story, this was fun and fairly interesting. Additionally, and unlike the first one, this story actually involves travel through time! Still, this took me less than five minutes to beat, even while restarting after dying. With more effort, this could have been an exhilarating story.
-- Sir_Lancegalawain on 2/3/2007 9:25:20 PM with a score of 100
Re: madglee's comment- I *think* Rodney means "you roll right into the dino's mouth" as in "you roll directly into the dino's mouth." It confused me, too.
-- Sethaniel on 11/4/2006 10:52:43 PM with a score of 0
It's an okay game.
-- October on 10/20/2006 3:00:45 AM with a score of 100
Fantastic! Is there going to be a sequel?
-- Conneth on 10/7/2006 2:23:31 PM with a score of 100
Nicely done. Well written and interesting story. There's an error on the Roll Left screen. It says, "You roll right." The story could be a bit longer. Like how you made the cave section where there is a dead end but you still wrote up to it.
-- madglee on 9/17/2006 11:27:14 PM with a score of 100
This is fun and educational I quess. You must know some stuff about dinos author. I congratulate you for making a decent game.

1/2 of 8.
-- Havacoman on 9/17/2006 7:14:38 PM with a score of 100
OK
-- Rommel on 9/17/2006 2:46:42 AM with a score of 100
not as good as the other one. seemed way rushed.
-- Fleshnblood_78 on 9/11/2006 11:08:15 PM with a score of 100
That was okay... not the best, but still good
-- hamburgerfish on 9/11/2006 8:05:47 PM with a score of 100