Player Comments on The Tower of Rowena

loved it! had to look in previous comments to find the last treasure but this game was exactly what i was in the mood for! simple text, the perfect amount of humor, and a little bit challenging but not frustratingly so :)
knew there was something suspicious about the black cat in the beginning, esp. cause we couldn't interact with it all at that time lol
-- lilyluna on 3/19/2019 12:28:48 AM with a score of 0
I enjoyed the cheeky humor, and collecting things is always a fun time
-- amoralmushroom on 3/14/2019 8:38:49 PM with a score of 0
Nice.
-- BgirlStories on 3/11/2019 3:08:26 PM with a score of 0
I loved the story and didn't find any spelling mistakes. I got all of the treasures too! This was a very well done story and I hope it gets featured.
-- Unkindcrab on 3/9/2019 11:11:55 AM with a score of 0
5/8 I would rate it higher but it was a pain in the neck to gather all the treasures.

-Treasures-
207 Year-Old Bottle of Burgundy
Antique Oil Lamp
Bar of Pure Roentgenium
Box of Imported Chocolates
Clockwork Orange
Dragonbone Jewelry Box
First Edition of Pride and Prejudice Autographed by Jane A.
Golden Ball
Golden Egg
Meteorite Sword
Mithril Handcuffs
Platinum Credit Card
Ruby Ring
Sapphire Earrings
Silk Shirt
Silver Goblet
Vial of Unicorn Tears
-- Multiverse on 2/24/2019 1:24:39 AM with a score of 0
This is my favorite game on this site. I finally figured out how to get the dragon bone necklace. I hope you make more games like this.
-- Faervel on 2/11/2019 11:51:24 AM with a score of 0
This game is nice and challenging. The only thing I'd take out is the guess-and-check factor of the windows. I'd maybe have some way to change the prince from a frog, and maybe have in Rowena's diary that she hates it when people lie to her? Either way, I love the puns and sarcasm of the narrator and the way the main character talks to the narrator. It's funny with just the right amount of difficulty. I died twice and retried, but I eventually found all 13. I like how most of them are pretty easy to find, but some are counter-intuitive, like the Golden Ball and the Bar of Roentgenium. Great game!
-- Tera on 2/9/2019 7:51:11 PM with a score of 0
I really enjoyed your adventure. I hope you do more like this.
-- Jess on 2/9/2019 1:40:11 PM with a score of 0
I spent about 30 minutes looking for the earrings. I got to admit the windows got me.
-- Austinc on 1/17/2019 1:52:44 PM with a score of 0
I really liked this story! It had good grammar (which is a plus for me) throughout and an interesting plot with no random death links (it gave you fair warning) The only thing I think the author should work on is their descriptions, which were fine but a bit sparse.
-- Cupcakitty__13 on 12/26/2018 7:38:17 AM with a score of 0
Yes! I got all 17 treasures!
-- stargazer on 9/16/2018 4:34:27 AM with a score of 0
Loved the humor in this one. Clever, especially with the computer. Had me stumped for awhile
-- L on 6/27/2018 3:18:54 PM with a score of 0
:) This is awesome, I found all the treasures! At first I was reluctant to try this game because the main character was a thief, but thankfully I did! The narrator kept me smiling throughout the adventure, and the puzzles were well thought out to roll smoothly with the humor. This is a thoroughly enjoyable treasure hunt with great attention to detail.

What follows are three hints, if you don’t want any hints then stop reading now:
Thank you for recommending this game, Faervel (without giving away too much: something you can find in the old coal cellar will help you with the looking glass, to find the dragon bone jewelry box). [also, for who was looking for the golden ball: you are going to have to do something dangerous to get it, probably skills were needed but I’m not 100% sure] [to get the meteorite sword, you will need something wood that you have used before]
-- HowdyHiHello on 6/5/2018 7:24:50 AM with a score of 0
It's a good game...
-- Jeff on 6/2/2018 10:48:02 PM with a score of 0
Brilliant story; each small element of detail mentioned by the narrator is a clue to get the next treasure, prompting a lot of backtracking.
-- Linkstriker on 5/18/2018 2:05:32 PM with a score of 0
Although there is great description and detail, I would like a bit more out of the pages, other than a few sentences and then right to the choices. Other than that, this was a great game!
-- MysticalLixard on 3/17/2018 4:21:46 PM with a score of 0
I never did find the dragon bone jewelry box. Awesome game
-- Mama on 2/28/2018 7:33:55 PM with a score of 0
8/8
Wow, it was soooo nice!!
I found 17/17 treasures and I think I am a true adventurer(or at least an assistant;) )I liked how useful many things can be(the log,the computer etc)
-- Persuasion on 2/16/2018 7:39:52 AM with a score of 0
I liked the general concept of it.It is very attractive and keeps your attention trough the whole story.I think the author writes naturally and effortless.I like its humor and its ideas.

Nice work has been done with all the items and links.As for me,I found all 17 treasures and I really liked that with the rooftop.
I think it's flawless and if there is one problem that is that I want a part II with another tower.Why not Salazar Slytherins'??;)
-- RobotNola2000 on 1/27/2018 9:12:02 AM with a score of 0
I love the witty humor of this story and that a single item (the log) can be used for so many things. Unfortunately, I only found 15 of the items and never figured out the frog prince and rooftop. The difficulty rating should probably be a bit higher since, unlike other games, you can’t just click random links until you win. However, there is a nice mix of difficulty for each treasure, with most being really obvious, several being a bit tricky, and just a few really obscure ones.
-- Victim on 1/15/2018 10:17:13 PM with a score of 0
Well, anyone be kind enough to tell me how to find the last treasure I missed? Thanks in advance!
Found:
Ruby Ring
Sapphire Earrings
Silk Shirt
Silver Goblet
Vial of Unicorn Tears
-- TestingJest on 1/5/2018 11:43:25 PM with a score of 0
I liked the simplicity. Some games are too fleshed out. It's a nice change of pace from large games.
-- Zernon on 12/29/2017 3:06:48 PM with a score of 0
A very amusing storygame! Most pages were only a couple sentences each, would have liked a little more, but there was a lot of choices. All in all I enjoyed it and hope you wrote more! 5/8
-- ChaosBearer on 12/27/2017 5:09:48 PM with a score of 0
Not bad. I like that some link appear only after they have been enabled by some action. Not sure about some of the grammar and spelling though. I found a few minor issues that takes some of the immersion away.
I'll have to come back and try not to blow myself up.
-- Ron on 12/19/2017 11:03:51 PM with a score of 0
Lol entered, grabbed a log, said good enough and left.

Will be reading through this seriously in a few minutes though.
-- corgi213 on 12/19/2017 1:02:08 PM with a score of 0
Very good fun. Found 16/17 treasures (never did find out what the jewellery box was for...)
-- llImperatorll on 12/18/2017 10:36:28 AM with a score of 0
Wow. Clicking something on the new storygames list and then actually wanting to say nice things about it is such a foreign experience for me I almost don't know what to do, but I had a ton of fun with this.

The open exploration and all the little details when poking around the tower were appreciated, and the writing style was consistent with a sense of humor and just the right amount of blatant anachronism. I don't think I've ever played a CYOA that has so strongly evoked the feeling of a proper text adventure, it kind of makes me want to fire up ADRIFT again.

In the end I sadly didn't manage to get all of the treasures, only fourteen. If there's a way onto the roof I didn't find it, nor did I figure out what to do with the pond or how to break the spell on the prince. (assuming that's possible.) So, a replay may be in order.

The only suggestion I have is regarding the treasure index. Trying to examine several at once requires a slightly annoying amount of clicking. A 'go back to index' link on each one would have been appreciated, or since the descriptions are all pretty short, you could have put them right on the same page with the name of the item.

Anyhow, congrats on your first game, and I'm hoping there are more like this to come.
-- mizal on 12/17/2017 12:43:12 PM with a score of 0
i liked how when you used something it said something unique

-- interesting on 12/16/2017 3:12:00 AM with a score of 0
This is a really nice little game with some decent scripting and even a few little hidden easter eggs all written in a simple and amusing style. There are a few mistakes here and there but it's barely noticeable. I enjoyed it a lot!

-- AzBaz on 12/16/2017 2:12:56 AM with a score of 0
I absolutely love this game! Your writing style is very clever and I love the humor throughout. I found no grammatical errors at all. The story is fun and a decent length without being too difficult. I ALMOST left the tower without the final treasure from the roof, and then I realized what ended up working. It really is such a clever game! To other readers: I can't recommend this enough. To the author: Keep up the excellent work!
-- Glandros on 12/16/2017 12:50:10 AM with a score of 0
I love this game, there was so much detail packed into it and it was pretty humorous. The treasures to find were varied in difficulty and the use of variables was pretty nice. The narrator talking directly to you added a lot to the story. The only criticism I have is the window climbing seemed to be guess and check in terms of what to do, but I may have missed a hint as for what you should do. Overall very impressive and I can’t wait to see with what you come up with next.
-- ZealousPotato on 12/15/2017 7:54:05 PM with a score of 0