WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Although it's highly unlikely you will find them, post reports about problems or bugs in here.

Storygame is corrupt and missing parameters

5 years ago

IT GIVES THIS ERROR:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

Line 88: cmd.Parameters.Add("@Story_Title", SqlDbType.VarChar, 100).Value = StoryTitle.Text; Line 89: cmd.Parameters["@Story_Title"].Direction = ParameterDirection.InputOutput; Line 90: cmd.Parameters.Add("@Difficulty_Level", SqlDbType.Int).Value = EditorHelper.NullIf(Request.Form[DifficultyLevel.UniqueID]); Line 91: cmd.Parameters.Add("@Maturity_Level", SqlDbType.Int).Value = EditorHelper.NullIf(Request.Form[MaturityLevel.UniqueID]); Line 92: cmd.Parameters.Add("@Category_Id", SqlDbType.VarChar).Value = EditorHelper.NullIf(Request.Form[Category.UniqueID]);

Source File: c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\my\adveditor\Properties.aspx    Line: 90 

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] ChooseYourStory.Stories.Editing.EditorHelper.NullIf(Object o) in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory\Stories\Editing\EditorHelper.cs:187 ASP.my_adveditor_properties_aspx.SaveChanges() in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\my\adveditor\Properties.aspx:90 ASP.my_adveditor_properties_aspx.SecondaryNavigation_BeforeNavigate(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\my\adveditor\Properties.aspx:75 ASP.SecondaryNavigation.btn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\my\adveditor\SecondaryNavigation.ascx:54 System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +152 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3803

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34249

cant access storygame (to edit it)

5 years ago

What happened to the editors?

This is like the 6th bug within two weeks!

I can't really help you, since I have no idea about those errors.

But my advise is, look around the Bugs & Problems, and read a few of the recent post. Editor bugs have become very common, it's possible someone has had the same problem.

5 years ago

Are you using the basic or the advanced editor? Have you tried a different browser? Is it just this game or have you tried making other games?

5 years ago

Hey, I am using Google Chrome, Advanced editor, and so far I have been making just the one game. And the problem did not go away after logging out/logging in, restarting pc, etc etc. But the problem did go away after a day, strange? Not the first time having that problem. Although the really big problem I have is the following error, which is very persistent and keeps popping up when I test my storygame: 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Input string was not in a correct format.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Source Error: 

Line 45: Line 46: //must be, load storystate Line 47: State = StoryState.CreateFromString(Request.Form["SS"]); Line 48: Line 49: //determine action

Source File: c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx    Line: 47 

Stack Trace: 

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.] System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +14292453 System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +305 ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.LoadFromString(String encodedSaveString) in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState_ToFromString.cs:135 ChooseYourStory.Stories.StoryState.CreateFromString(String storyState) in c:\BuildMasterAgent\_AGTTMP\_A4\_S11\SRC\ChooseYourStory\Stories\StoryState.cs:63 ASP.story_viewer_default_aspx.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in c:\Websites\ChooseYourStory\ChooseYourStory.com\Story\Viewer\Default.aspx:47 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178