WatchNon-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Although it's highly unlikely you will find them, post reports about problems or bugs in here.

Game title taken?

4 months ago
I tried to make a game called The Betrayer, and then I tried The Betrayal, and both times I was told the title was taken.

Doing a search for those however just pulls up one game called Betrayer (not The Betrayer). I'd like to use that title badly and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere on the site, so why isn't it letting me?

Sorry if this has already been brought up, I didn't read back through too many threads.

Game title taken?

4 months ago
Here's what's already taken -

A Love Betrayed

Betrayal

Betrayal by the one you love

Betrayal Knows My Name

Betrayal Life

Betrayed

Betrayer

Hell Girl: Replaced/betrayed

Magus: Betrayal

The betrayal of a friend

The Betrayed

The Betrayer

The Great Betrayal

To betray or not to betray

Trust and Betrayal

(You'll have to come up with a different combination of your own, such a "A Betrayer; This Betrayer; That Betrayer; Ye Ole Betrayer; etc")

Personally, I would suggest "Betrayer Among Us."

Game title taken?

3 months ago
This is a lot.

You are playing the betrayer in my story though, so Betrayer Among Us is a good title by itself but it wouldn't fit.

Game title taken?

3 months ago

amogud 

Game title taken?

3 months ago

Game title taken?

4 months ago
It's an unpublished game, those don't show up when peasants search for them, but they're still in the database and reserved after someone creates them.

But, since you seem pretty committed to this theme, and the original creator of The Betrayer hasn't been around since....well whatever paleontological era it was when join dates showed up as question marks, I'll make you a deal. Post the first few pages of your storygame up through the first set of choices in this thread, and if we deem it worthy, you may have the title.

Game title taken?

3 months ago

He hasn't been online since 2015 lol

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Not the author of Betrayer, but the holder of the unpublished The Betrayer, whose entire site activity consists of reserving that title and then rating a single game...in 2005.

So yeah basically this new guy can have it, he just needs to log in again and prove real interest.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
That makes sense, I didn't even think of games that were being worked on. I'll put my pages up soon if I can really get the title, I've just been busy with other thing and need to do some editing.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Should I put everything in one post or make them separate?

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Just follow your heart.

Game title taken?

3 months ago

Procedure Question: Can we use this thread to ask for titles that may be lost to long dead accounts, or should we do that kind of stuff through PMs? Or is title hunting something we should do at all?

Game title taken?

3 months ago
I'll have to talk this over with the other mods. We have done this a couple of times in request, but not sure if we want to make it a regular thing.

There'd definitely be a requirement of a certain amount of quality writing or other site activity shown as a display of interest, just to keep the same thing from happening all over again

Game title taken?

3 months ago

Okay. That makes sense. I'd be interested to know what the verdict is. There are a couple of titles I may be interested in having. 

Game title taken?

3 months ago
I dunno bro, you kinda fell off hard, not sure they'd really care enough to let you. While I'm at it, I'm gonna let you know something I've been waiting to say for two years: I stole The Lost Realm's featured spot in the fantasy category from you. I beat you, you fucking textbook writing style ass Mormon motherfucker.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Oh hey. Congrats on the featuring spot! Your new stories are actually on my list to read, so I'm pretty excited to read them.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
... Damn now I just feel bad. SIKE Don't play nice with me nigga, I won't fall for it.

Game title taken?

3 months ago

Well I actually did enjoy reading TechNOIR a few years back, so seeing you have written more is a pleasant surprise. 

As for.playing nice...eh. I've got literally zero problems with you Chris. Solid member. In some ways an old friend that brings memories of a forgotten age of Councils and, in other ways, a reminder that I need to catch up and produce stories. Either way. Nothing for be to be testy about here. If The Lost Realm hadn't been un featured, then I would be surprised. Glad you were the one to take it down. 

Game title taken?

3 months ago
... Okay damn, this time I actually feel like a dick. Yeah nah man, I don't have much bad to say about you either except that you were kind of an arrogant jerkoff back in the day (who eventually lost the steam to back up his claims towards the end of your initial time here), but honestly the way you've responded to this shows me you've matured a bit over the years you've been gone. Unless you're pulling some 4D Chess level psychological warfare on me in which case fuck you. Jokes aside though, I hope to see you contributing to the community in a meaningful way like you once did. Still gonna clown on you for being Mormon though.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Glad that's sorted!

Anyway, I wouldn't give a title to either one of you as things currently stand.

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Give me like two months, I'll have something. Probably.

Game title taken?

3 months ago

Oh, there is no question I was an arrogant braggart, and still am to some degree. I'll change that though, and at least start writing more stories. 

You as well man. It's honestly kinda cool seeing my old peers doing so well, and being more well respected here. I'll contribute. It's a matter of when to me, not if. Regardless, Mizal is right. Stories speak louder than words here. 

I mean, you do you. If making fun of someone's beliefs gets you off, go for it. 

Game title taken?

3 months ago
Oh, your words spoke plenty loudly lol. All 2000+ of them.