Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

CYS-Steam Group get together

6 years ago

I have seen that our little voyage into the gaming world of Steam hasn't really taken off so I propose the following:

Let October be the month we change all of this!

I would like for everyone to make a list of three multiplayer games that you enjoy or at least what Steam forces down your notification throats that would bring our scattered community together. It can games like Civ or TF2 or CS:Go or even a grand campaigns on games such Hearts of Iron or Total War. 

I'm not an administrator but I will try to reach out to whoever in charge of our group, or possibly create a new one and see how we  may better organize this. I am thinking about a voting system to select Octobers chosen game(s) and possibly having a contest for bragging rights and possibly points if I can get CYS main to get behind it. 

I personally would like to hear your thoughts about this and any input from you guys will be very appreciated.

6 years ago

What kind of glutton for pain and punishment would put themselves in the position to interact with anyone here outside of this forum? CYS steam groups and discords sound like the ultimate trial of torture and autism for little reward or gain.  

In any case, I'll be wishing you luck in this renewed little endeavor of yours. :) 

6 years ago
it turns out fine if you make the discord with the specific original intention of being for a very specific type of person from the site and then make shitty channels for the rest of the plebians who don't know anything about anything.

I agree with you on steam groups though. Ew^2

6 years ago

I ask myself that every time I log in at the Villain Lair. (Though exchange the autism for sociopathy)

6 years ago

This sounds like it costs money.

6 years ago

I'm sure the hypothetical CYS points that you'll earn can be turned in for games. If that's not the case then I apologize, Tim. 

6 years ago

I mean, I don't have a lot of that, either.

6 years ago

I'll get you Overwatch if you want, then you can have something that you'll probably enjoy or dislike. If you haven't already gotten that game we can just settle for a cake for your next birthday. 

6 years ago

I have it on the XBONE and I main Torb. My PC probably couldn't run it anyway.

Oreo cake pls

6 years ago

Medieval II is my Total War of choice. I'm anxious to buy Warhammer II, but I think I'll pass until I can buy it with all the DLC. I'm not sure how many players Wazhack supports, but that's also a fun game and I'll re-buy it on PC if you all will.

Saints Row IV is allegedly multiplayer, but I usually prefer to play stuff like that on my own. Though, I hear Saints Row II is one of the best multiplayer games ever made... And, again, I'll buy that if everyone else does, even though that's probably also maybe 2 at a time.

Apparently there's a functional mod for multiplayer in Fallout New Vegas. I was meaning to install that a long time ago but I remembered I'm shit at installing mods without Nexus so I never looked for it.

I'd also be willing to play a round of CYS TF2, but it has to be on the Wacky Races map or whatever that game mode was where you had to push your full-sized van/spawn to the end before the other guys.

6 years ago

Regarding the New Vegas mod:

It is semi-functional, but I doubt that a group of 5+ people can realistically play. The map is all loaded in real time, and each cell has a host player. If entering an unoccupied cell, the first person to enter is the new host. The events and quests and such are synced to the host, so if you previously started a quest the host already finished, you can't finish it. Also, last time I checked, no fast travel yet.

... Itz not a thingy yet buddy currently in beta really hard to play

6 years ago

So we just do every quest five times step by step? That's fine, we just have to pick a really fun quest and carefully squaredance around the map.

6 years ago

Well, it's more like you had to be there. If the host accepts a quest you haven't done, you get it too. Likewise, if the host finishes a quest/quest objective, you do as well.

Still buggy as hell, tho.

6 years ago

I still say we should try to have 5-player fallout, if only to get in loud arguments over the ammo shortage except for the guy who specced into Melee.

6 years ago

That's why you need each person to spec in one type of weapon and one utility skill. Charismatic Quickdraw Magnum guy, Intelligent Engie 10mm guy, Perceptive Sniper 5.56mm guy, Insanely strong and durable throwing spears guy, et cetera.

Takes planning.

6 years ago

Pff, whatever's wrong with having a charismatic engie who throws spears? Or an insanely strong Quickdraw sniper?

6 years ago

Well, for one, because SPECIAL affects individual skills, so you'd have more to work with. If you were that first one, you'd spend a lot more skill points on repair/science than you would if you raised Intelligence instead.

If you want to play that way, though, I won't judge.

6 years ago

I dunno, there's a certain sort of appeal to being the guy that makes high-tech weapons for everyone but he still runs around throwing spears and rocks at people.

6 years ago

Well, like I said, you do whatever.

Just do it far away from me.

6 years ago

Also note: No way in hell I'm gonna be reliable enough for a whole Total War campaign. I'm down for a siege, though. I tend not to choke as bad behind castle walls as I do on the field anyway.

6 years ago

I would love nothing more than to destroy all you filthy scrubs in csgo in which I reign supreme. I could do a total war campaign in mediveal. A quick areana of unturned is aslo a good alternative.

That is if I can get my computer working in October.