Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

It is official. As of today, I, MinnieKing, have been a member of Chooseyourstory.com for one year. 
The year has been fun, and challenging. When I first joined, I honestly didn't expect to stay for more than a few months. I just wanted to sort of test out the system, and actually found the site on accident.
By being here, I feel that I have grown quite a lot as a writer. It's been the advice and critisism of numerous CYStians that motivated me to really touch up on my writing skills and critique.
To the average newbie, it appears the forums are full of assholes. But if you stick around and don't act like a retard, you learn that those assholes are actually really good people in general (even if they won't admit it.)
When I joined, I didn't expect to get eight stories published, nor did I expect to become so active on the forums or conquer the commendation system.
Anyways, now that i've finished ranting about how much I love this place and its members, I'd like to thank a few people who have really helped me in notable ways.
@Seto and @Plelb were the only people who would take the time to really talk to me in my first few months at CYStia. Seto literally once spent an entire night discussing Pokemon with me, and Plelb PMed me daily to check on me, and see how I was doing. For that, I sincerely thank them.
@TharaApples and @Steve24833 weren't as directly supportive, but their hard work and efforts to get commendations (more so Thara) really inspired me to try and write featured comments.
@Crescentstar @Saika @xNeoBurritox @Orange @Comic and @Alekos are my closest friends here on CYS, mainly due to our numerous PMs and lengthy conversations on our Discord server.
@mizal was really mean to me in my first few months, but that only motivated me to get better, so I suppose I thank her for (sorta) accepting me after about nine months :)
@Chanbot aka Ford has been really nice to me, in a way. He often insults people, yes, but his humorous yet semi-hard working attitude toward me and other members of the CYS Discord makes him a pretty noteworthy member. He was also one of the very few people who tolerated my idiotic behavior in my first few months at CYS.
@Endmaster always gives me a laugh, whether it be from his many high quality storygames, or him mercilessly insulting people on the forums.

...and that's all. Thanks for a great year at CYS, and I hope for many more ^-^

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
You were real, real dumb when you joined and your avatar was real bad too. (do you still have it? Let's put it up next to the current one.)

The fact that you are now one of the more tolerable members by far gives me a tiny sliver of hope for mankind, and that is more than I can say about anyone else here. You should be very proud, and hopefully you'll still be hanging around for your two year.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
what you percieved as tolerance was actually me completely ignoring you because I've never cared or given any attention to noobs, of which you still are one.

One year is nothing. Come back 9 years from now and then you can tag me and I'll be fine with it.

Your avatar choice is still cancerous.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
The avatar is still anime, and that's a problem, but I still feel it's come along way.

Take his Most Improved trophy away and give it to that edgy ninja man, I say.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Yikes. 

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
reminds me of this thread

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

I think there's been other anniversary threads that could have served as an example.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

You're a loser, but a cool loser. Happy one year anniversary on CYStia!

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Happy CYSiversary! ^_^

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

I take offense at this. Serious offense. If anything, I was incredibly supported, as I explained in long reviews why your writing was shit. I may not have been nice, but absolutely supportive of your writing career, far more than fuckers like Ford, who has never displayed a hard-working attitude in his life.

And more importantly, I never worked hard to get commendations. That is a crock of shit, and you can fuck off. Thara worked hard for commendations, because she's a failure of a person who acts as, at best, a janitor to this site in cleaning up shit, the same of which applies to you. I, on the other hand, simply got commendations, not through gaming the system, but through actually writing.

In fact, fuck you for even placing me in the same category as that useless bitch. I am demanding an apology for this obvious lie right fucking now, you asshole.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Eh, wouldn't really call doing all of that hard work. 

Ya' faggot.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Back to work, Scruffy.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Hm, well you managed to trigger Steve into a rage with your fairly innocent post so that's worth a few points I guess.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
We get points for that now?

What about the people Steve triggers, what do they get?

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Nah, just Minnie today and only because he wasn't even trying at the time.

As for the second, just mockery since anyone weak enough to get triggered by any dumb shit thing that Steve says is obviously not CYS material in the first place.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
True. Thinning the weeds is the only useful thing he does tbh

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Remind me, where are those six stories we were promised?

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
On my computer. I reread them every week and their perfection moves me to tears.

I'll try to get around to copy and pasting them some day, but y'know, effort. Not a very appreciative audience here anyhow.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

I wait patiently for the 1st of January to see them.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
You're copying jokes from Ogre now? Wow.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Not a joke, but instead, a reminder that on that date, your shittiness as a writer will be revealed, and your ghosts will haunt you forever more.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Oh cool.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago
Congrets MK, you accomplished more in this one year than I did in the 2,5 years I've been here. You aren't the best author, but you try and are getting better, more than I can say for some people, me included. Not to even mention your huge pile of commendations. We could've lived without knowing about your fetish to be someone's pet, though. You're awesome, keep it up!

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Happy CYS anniversary! You accomplished so much on this website, so good job. So glad to have you here Minnie. 

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Happy CYStia anniversary, man.
May the time to come be prosperous and memorable.

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Congrats

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

good speech, i totally read all of it. 

have fun. im waiting for my three year anniversary as well. 

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Happy am-I-one-day-late anniversary! :D This thing made me smile because you are awesome and have been a strong and active member of CYS for a while already, and I was mentioned so yay xD Happyidy dappity dap. :D

One Year CYS Anniversary

6 years ago

Happy CYS-Anniversary! As an added bonus, you triggered Steve!