Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

Art

4 years ago

Does anybody know any good drawing apps on computer? I want to post my own art here but I do not know how.

Art

4 years ago

I'm assuming you mean drawing programs and the like. Lessee what we got!

I personally love Medibang. It's a free blessing from the heavens that is oriented toward digital linework and painting, if you can figure that out. Lots of tutorials and a supportive English fanbase. Most pixiv artists use it. Not exactly the best for photoshop-style editing.

I am not a user myself, but almost everybody I know uses FireAlpaca. Because of it's popularity, there's a ton of documentation.

Can't forget about Clip Studio Paint! It's good to look out for it, it goes on sale a lot. Tons of documentation and many interesting features.

As for posting art, I guess do some imgur magic? Or just upload through your pictures function in My Stuff, but that's quite limiting. 

Art

4 years ago

Thank you for the suggestions! Which one would be good for a beginner, though?

Art

4 years ago
MSPaint

Art

4 years ago

I was able to get onto Medibang, draw a picture, save it. But, CYS only allows JPG, GIF, and PNG.

Art

4 years ago

Ya goof, Medibang allows you to save in all sorts of formats. When you save it, just change the file type.

If you dont know how....just erase .mdp at the end of the file name and replace it with .jpeg or .png or something. Maybe mspaint is a better choice for you?

Art

4 years ago

Since mizal said that MSPaint is good for beginners, I gave it a try but it wouldn't download.

Art

4 years ago

Are you using a Windows computer? It should already be installed.

Art

4 years ago

Yes, I'm on a Windows computer. How do I access it?

Art

4 years ago

There should be a search bar right next to the Windows logo at the very bottom-left. If not, right-click the taskbar and enable search.

Then search "Paint", and it should show up.

Art

4 years ago

..Found it!

Art

4 years ago

Do you also know how to import pictures onto Medibang?

Art

4 years ago
Don't upload pictures to CYS please, at your current level of technical aptitude you'll just break the thread most likely.

Use imgur or something and then link them in a post.

Art

4 years ago

Oh, OK. 

Art

4 years ago
I genuinely can't think of any reason why anyone would ever upload a picture to the site for anything but an avatar anyhow, considering all the limitations.

Art

4 years ago

I'm doing this for my avatar (profile picture) because I'm a little concerned about copyright.

Art

4 years ago

I use Microsoft Paint for my simple images, like maps or sprites.

For actual sprites, I use Aseprite.

You can't go wrong with Photoshop for editing purposes, though it's not my favorite for creating projects.

To actually post images, most use Imgur. However--mostly because I don't want to mess with making an Imgur account--I open the images on Discord, then simply drag the images into the text.

Like so~!

Art

4 years ago

Then again, I'm not an artist, so don't take my words for gospel truth or anything.

Art

4 years ago
I'm confused, do you already have a drawing tablet and just don't know what software to use, or are you looking to somehow convert your drawn art into images?

Art

4 years ago
Right now it seems to be saving a file and uploading it anywhere on the internet and then linking it on the forum that's tripping her up.

Art

4 years ago

I sadly do not have a drawing tablet, but I'm wondering how to convert a drawing into a JPG or PNG.

Art

4 years ago
Do you mean a physical drawing or a digital one?

Art

4 years ago

Digital. Although, I am good at drawing on paper.

Art

4 years ago
The program you use should give you a "save as" or "covert to" option then.

Art

4 years ago

OK, I'll make sure to look out for that the next time I use Medibang.

Art

4 years ago
Well now that I know the program, the power of google has come to save us all:

https://medibangpaint.com/en/tutorial/android/try-to-export/

If it really is all in Japanese I can understand why you couldn't find the option lol.

Art

4 years ago
You could try gently rubbing the drawing against your computer monitor while making a soft humming noise (make sure to have the artwork facing the screen, not facing you).

Alternatively you could use a scanner.

Art

4 years ago

Lol! I sadly do not have a scanner, though.