Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Partial Freedom, at last...

3 years ago

For anyone who ever wondered where I've been, COVD elongated my BCT experience and some time in the eventual future I start a 72 week AIT. There were many things I missed during the last 4 months, oddly this quaint community was one of them. It puts a smile of my face when I type in the web address and see this place pop up.

I don't know if this will post, as I'm on my phone and won't have a PC for a while. Here goes nothing.

3 years ago

good luck with your acronyms initialisms bro, always good to see an old face around here 

3 years ago

What MOS are you going into. With that length it makes me think something rather difficult. 

3 years ago
Hey ugilick. Man it sucks all those letters have been keeping you offline. How have you been? Did you ever get married?

3 years ago

A 72-week training?  If it's anything linguistics, I was in that program a while back too.  Otherwise, congrats on making it through!

3 years ago

Happy to see someone know the difference between an initialism and an acronym.  Good to see you Malk.

I did get married. Best day of my life.

My wife caught COVD. That was rough.

I'm about to begin training as a 35P.

3 years ago
Any initialism can be an acronym if you try hard enough. Also congratulations.

3 years ago

Been there, failed out of that training after 30 weeks.  It ain't no joke, good luck.

3 years ago
Glad to have you back uglychick. ^_^

3 years ago

When you get off the GB at your new PDS, make sure you have your PCS orders and DA 31 handy so you can fill out the DD 1351-2. The S1 won't let you claim DLA, however, because you won't qualify for it IAW the JTR.

3 years ago

I won't get TRANS to my PDS until after DLI and Goodfellow, two years down the line. I still need to talk to S2 and S3 as my AIT orders are incomplete with no DEFLANG assignment or clearence verification.

3 years ago

Ooh 35 series best of luck with that.  Explains why the training is that long. Hell when I went through to be a 14T it was 10 weeks and apparently they've cut it to 7 now. Either way hope everything works out for you

3 years ago

WB TTS ALL, B. SATCOVD

3 years ago
Hey ugilick, keep pluggin away at it man - best of luck to you!

3 years ago

Thanks! This is looking more exciting and more challenging every day.