Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
In the totally hypothetic case of my win, I will give the price to the second or third. I hate comics

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
And in my hypothetical scenario, I'd like Mara to have it, to show her the world of comical greatness.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
The stories having pictures is just a deal breaker for her, okay. She hates that.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
Poor MHD won't ever get her commission.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
There are already people eligible to claim it actually, but, not my job to pay attention for them.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I love MHD WORK. I hate comics

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
And yet MHD is always drawing comics.

Go home Mara, you're drunk.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
Comics are these retarded marvel shit and stupid super heroes I don't care. MHD makes quality art and comedy drawings in Spanish we don't call those comics. They have a different name

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

that's not even remotely true 

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I feel sorry for you never having experienced the wonder that is the Belgian comic industry.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
Do you also hate movies, because some of them are made by Marvel?

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

For cultural reasons American style comics resonate less with Europeans. It's mainly because super heroes are out here since the British Empire collapsed.

But Mara, I have a link for you.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I think everyone's point is that she's using a very narrow and inaccurate definition of comic books, which she's already admitted.

I also had a link that was not clicked.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I do miss American comic stores a bit while over here. Haven't seen your link though.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
Oh, this was all split from the contest thread, I had linked comiXology and said I'd give a $25 gift card to the winner. And basically there's no way it could be mistaken for a Marvel site, it had a gigantic library of digital comics even before Amazon bought it out and added more.

I'm reading one now written by George Takei, about his family's experiences getting tossed in a camp for being Japanese. But really I'd recommend anybody try out the Unlimited service, you can get a trial month free.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I am too old to read comics. I read Mafalda and Calvin at Hobbes like a decade or so ago, if that enter in your definition of comic, also the classical Asterix and Obelix. And several Geiger art books.

But that's it all the marvel and dc comics are boring as hell and I amnot the target audience for something like that.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

That's why I don't visit spain anymore. We went to Palma a lot when I was younger, but I am too old for getting drunk all the time and Tenerifa is boring as hell.

(Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually know Spain pretty well, and not once got drunk in Palma. Just saying if you don't like comics (graphic novels) that's ok, but there is really a whole world out there that you seem to be completely unaware of. Just wanted to explain why your answer might rub some people wrong. I don't read comics generally, because I rather spend the time writing, but as a genre graphic is a genre that also has its strengths and there is a lot of stuff out there that is genuinely deep and complex in a way that you would like (judging by your storygames). In any case if you rather spend your time writing as well, that's even better, because I am really looking forward to more games from you.)

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I mean yes, sure, I don't think anyone thought comics were called comics in Spanish. But everyone in the thread is using the English definition.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago

el comic bookos 

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
Oh and just to be clear so that I don't have to get into this in the Discord too, obviously I'm not going to try and force you to take a gift card you don't want. (Even with this all being hypothetical anyway because no one's won yet...)

But you walked into a room full of autists and threw the gauntlet down with an incorrect statement hostile to all nerdkind, now you most suffer the consequences and have things explained at you exhaustively.

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I don't care no one will make someone like me like Comics by force. I find very infuriating this mass media obsession with the fact everyone has by force like X.
I don't like something period. I don't care how trendy or posh is like it. And a pedant definition won't change the fact that I DONT LIKE COMICS

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
"If a story is told through art in addition to words, doesn't matter what it is, FUCK THAT, I'm too old for this newfangled "picture" technology! It's just all been downhill since the Egyptians started up with that shit!"

Alrighty then. :)

Comic Book Fight

3 years ago
I am a grumpy fossil I have never denied that ;)