Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Let's all be basic and resolve to lose weight or something.

I'm going to write 7000 words a week.*

*starting in two weeks.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

My New Years Resolution is to sign up for the London Marathon! (Because it will inevitably be canceled due to covid, so I can still collect all the money I raised without having to do any running.) ^_^

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

That's genius!

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Secondary resolution: Get more sleep.

Not off to a great start with that one. I do so love that every retard within hearing distance was given a $600 check just in time to blow it on fireworks.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

My resolution: Grow emotionally (I guess physical too, I'm not that active) as a person!

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

I guess the world didn't suddenly blow up in the last seconds before the new year. ...and even though I saw that it was January 1st, I had to double check that the year didn't reset just to further screw with me.

I guess my resolution is to keep up my daily writing and maybe publish a polished version of my new novel sometime this Summer.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

It's already the second of January here, but happy New Years all.

My resolution is the same as every year's, stay alive. I have been successful up until now, and when I am unsuccessful I will no longer care about new year's resolutions. 

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
I was going to make a resolution about procrastinating, but I think I'll do that later...

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

It's already the 2nd here, but I'm going to actually write a story better than 3/8*

*If I manage to actually write better than my age would suggest. And, of course: don't write a 2,500 word puzzle game, don't waste 9 months on a game with no plot, and don't write a school-based game. Basically the 3 mistakes I've made in the past which I can learn from.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

I forgot one other thing: get a profile picture.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
How's that one coming along?

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Australian?

I'll add that to your file.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
...file? We have files?

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
I resolve to have fun, sometime this year.
Nice and simple, easy to achieve, and fun!

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Happy belated new year! My resolution on this site would be to refine my writing skills and maybe even experiment with writing storygames in different genres and styles. This is, of course, assuming I do better with this year's resolution than I did with my resolutions of the past few years.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Refine your writing skills? You're one of the best writers on the site. ^_^

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Thank you so much! That really made my day, especially coming from a talented writer like you. 

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
I think we're all pretty much fine with your writing skills staying the same and you just publishing more storygames.

Dreamtruder is up on the IFDB btw, and I guess I'll add Breaker later today. It's got great ratings but only five of them, and maybe someone could go in and add more specific tags or a comment.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Thank you, Mizal! I'm currently working on some storygames and I also plan to publish more in the near future. Perhaps I should change my resolution to that instead.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

D'awh! You're so sweet. ^_^

Genuinely though, Dreamtruder was a masterpiece and completely blew me away.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Well, I got embarassingly weak in my extended laziness hiatus from working out, so I have a built-in goal. 

I also try to write 1k words a day now. I'm uh, more successful on some days than others, but usually get it done most of the time. 

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
I'm going to set aside two thirds of all my money from work, have $10,000 saved by the end of the year and buy a really good used car with no payments. I just hope that it will be okay to drive it places by then.

I'd also LIKE to visit my dad in Florida since I haven't seen him in almost an entire damn year, but that all depends on the virus situation. Which isn't looking great for the US unfortunately.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Finish the bloody competition story in time!

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
(Also finish the book that I actually should be writing)

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
What's the book about?

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Network Math! :)

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
As much as I'd like to support my fellow CYStian, I think I'll sit this one out.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

Oh, this thread again already? My New Years resolution is to be lazy and not write anything. Based on my previous history, this will lead to me being suddenly motivated to write.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Relax more, for sure, and be kinder to myself. We're our own worst critics, and mine is particularly nagging. . . :~)

Happy New Years!

3 years ago

I wish I could be your inner critic. I'd tell you every day that your art is awesome and makes everyone happy. ^_^

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Awh, thanks! That makes me happy!

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Your inner critic sounds like a real cunt, you're good at what would seem to be everything and one of the best people.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Commended by hetero_malk on 1/5/2021 5:51:32 AM
Awh shucks.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
Oh damn. I need to get my eyes checked because I never even noticed till Nightwatch pointed it out.

Other people keep that same record, but for different reasons.

Happy New Years!

3 years ago
happy new year