Non-threaded

Forums » Creative Corner » Read Thread

Take part in collaborative works, share your short stories, poems, original artwork and more.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 2/24/2021 8:01:09 PM

"Take this.  I want you to have it.  You have earned it," he said, gazing upon his daughter, gleaming in the starlight.  There was no pride, or desire, or joy discernable in his voice, as he had transcended such things as we call them, but something else.  Something darker.  "Take it."

Tharadriel gazed upon the key to the realm in his hand.  Many had used it before, of course.  The Banisher.  The Berserker.  The Killer.  The Sentinel.  The Malkontent.  The Minstrel, who I assure you was much more deadly than her name makes her sound. 

It was heavy and gold, and contained power.  So much power.

And Tharadriel turned away slightly, her hair shrouding her for a moment like a well-conditioned shadow.  "So.  Now at last it comes.  After all this.  You will give me the key freely!"

"Pretty much," said the robed figure.

"And in place of the Dark Lord, you will set up a Queen."

"I didn't say in place of," said the robed figure.

But Tharadriel smiled, and began to float slightly off the ground, her eyes rolling back slightly in an ecstasy of anticipation.  "I shall be beautiful and terrible!  Stronger than Infinite Story!  Greater than Coggiton!  Fairer than pretty much everyone.  I shall invite boys to my room!  All shall love me and despair! Kek!"

A great light shone forth from her face, and she seemed to grow in beauty and power.  "Shall I take it?  Shall I?"

The assorted serfs and supernumeraries standing around nodded.  "Of course," said one, nodding.  "Is water wet?"  The fellow looked around for support, and found none.  

"No," said Tharadriel, sadly, turning away.  "I must not.  I will diminish, and go to IFDB."

The hooded figure stood, watching her, saying nothing.

"Truly," the assembled onlookers murmured in admiration, "she has managed to resist the vile temptation of the..."

"Seriously, though, give me that, I can't believe you all fell for that," said Tharadriel, laughing.  "I'm going to be so responsible and fair and stuff.  Is this how I kill people?  Oh, no." 

The hooded figure returned his daughter back to life.  "Let me show you..."

"No, I've got this," she said, as she stood back up.  "All shall love me and despair.  So start.  Now!  First the loving, then the despairing.   Everyone adore me in my full splendor.  Thank you all.  And oh, Sir Zake.  I commend you.  Laters, everyone."

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago

The first half was very funny, but the kek really elevated this to high art status 

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago

Kek!

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Regardless of anything else, I'm proud to be one of the select few who gets all the references.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Beautiful!

I can't claim to have caught all the references, as Mizal has, but it is clear that there is much depth to this piece.

I'm also glad to have my name immortalised in the annals of history as a footnote.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
With enough hard work and perseverance, you might even graduate one day from footnote to footstool.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Eet's Varry Niice!

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago

Oh I finally found this.

Very good.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
... This is a thing of true beauty. O.O

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 2/26/2021 3:41:38 PM

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
I shall let Thara commend this one, but glad you could get that all off your chest.

P.S. have you tried eating the apple?

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago

This is why you're so beloved and appreciated. You're always drawing things, totally of your own volition. :) 

As always, this is some very cool art, thanks! I like that there's always an apple on my head. Like is it an accessory that comes off, is it glued on there, or was it something born with? Then there's the apple on your leg, a true mystery on how it got there.

Secret lore that even I'm unaware of, but I am aware of how nice of a drawing this is.

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
My pleasure. ;~P

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
Poor, long suffering MHD :'(

All Shall Love Her

3 years ago
I think you've really captured the essence of maniacal there!

Also, apple ball and chain is a great touch ^v^