Non-threaded

Forums » News & Updates » Read Thread

Keep up with the latest contests and find out what's been changing with the site.

Manifest Destiny Contest Results

2 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 12/31/2022 4:57:29 PM

So besides the goal of beating the chicken soup out of your opponents this contest did have the added idea of building up the site in mind, so as a result everyone who submitted something is getting some pointless points for being a patriotic CYStian. 

A few of you who did better than average will get a few more things, but as always, there can be only ONE.

And that’s Ninja, so he gets the most stuff.

I'll be handing out the rewards shortly after posting this thread.

As far as scores, here they are because I like transparency around here.

Gryphon - Ruins of Anzar 4 & Capture the Flag 4
Randy_Lahey - Tales of the Solar Schism 4
poison_mara - Quicksand 4
Zake (With Mara) - The Capi's Band & the Missing Instruments 5
Reader555 - Journey Through The Snow 5
Soy_No_More - The Martian Rebellion 5
Nightwatch - The Razing of Nipthm 5
Mystic_Warrior - A Hunted and Haunted Halloween 6
Darius_Conwright - Little mage's potion shop (and the curious adventures surrounding it) 6
betaband - Shostakovich 6
Camelon - Uneasy Lies the Head 6
hetero_malk - WARCHIMP 6
enterpride - Cannibal Apocalypse 6
WizzyCat  - Propheteering 6
TrueParanormal - Encaged 7
ninjapitka - Gunslinger 8

And that's it for another contest and like I say to coins' mom, I'm glad it's over.

2 years ago

Congratulations to Ninja, and to everyone else who submitted. The storygames were a lot of fun to read.
Now to watch a handful of them disappear forever...

2 years ago
Congrats to everybody really, there wasn't a single story that wasn't good here, just some that were obviously not quite finished.

Lots of great additions to the site, although some were not as mindful of the tastes of the sole judge as others, I'm happy to see such a variety. I will sloooowly be working my way through reviews for all of them in the days to come.

2 years ago

It was a lot of fun to be a part of your contest, End! Thanks for the opportunity. And huge congratulations to Ninja!

2 years ago
Man I'm falling behind on the stories Ninja's putting out; haven't got to Blackbirds yet, either. I've got my reading cut out for me on this contest -- congrats to everyone that made it past the finish line!

2 years ago

Third place? Out of 17? Pretty fucking good, I'll take it as a win.

Also, since Propheteering is not going down (bar any typo corrections that I notice), you all should definitely go read it and leave a big, fat comment. I'll be doing the same for all of the other stories from this contest, when my left eye returns to working order. Amazing turnout, and huge congrats to ninja for being a writer of actual godlike power.

2 years ago

Congratulations, Ninja! I haven't finished reading it yet but your storygame's amazing! Well done to everyone who completed their storygames too. Also, thank you for hosting this competition, Endmaster!

2 years ago

Congrats ninja!!!! I should have read all of them by this time, but am now too busy with blackbirds. I'll come back to it!

2 years ago
Ninja's just a force of nature and we're lucky to have him. Can I bet for him winning the next contest as well?

2 years ago
Of course a lot depends on the judge, Mystic or Darius would've had a much higher chance in some other situations.

Ninja does write faster than the speed of reviews though, and it appears he may have a trophy of his own soon.

2 years ago
The higher the doubt, the more lucrative the odds!

2 years ago

Congratulations, Ninja!

Also, thanks a ton for doing this, this was a lot of fun!

2 years ago
Congrats everyone!

2 years ago
Thanks, everyone. Man, it's been quite the week on CYS, receiving Berka's trophy, qualifying for my own, having two stories featured, and now winning an official contest. Finally, the curse of runner-up is broken. I still need to get to the two large stories published, but I had fun reading through all the other entries. Hope all that submitted a story continue posting on the site as I'd be interested to read more from you all.

2 years ago

I hope that you will receive your own trophy soon!

Haha, I'm curious what your logo will be, perhaps a ninja? Even though I haven't read your contest entry yet, I know that it will definitely be a good read and worth all the praise.  

2 years ago
I actually already gave it to myself. Good luck spotting it on my profile. Hope you enjoy. I'm still reading yours. It's taking awhile, of course, because of the sheer length.

2 years ago
Congratulations! It was well deserved and that was with being up against some stiff competition.

I'm reading through Blackbirds now and I'm blown away by how good this is. Looking forward to driving into the rest in your profile.

2 years ago
Driving by a profile may be gangsta, but driving into one is straight up an act of terrorism.

2 years ago

Flying into one is even worse!

2 years ago

Congratulations Ninja!!! You must have worked really hard for this great achievement! :)

This contest was an awesome experience! I enjoyed it (& paniced about it a bit), and will definetly make my storygame worth an 8 after editing. 

2 years ago
Thinking we still might need another contest some time for that poor historical section.

Or just rename it the Will11 category.

2 years ago

Another contest for the Historical section sounds nice!

2 years ago
I'm pretty shocked mine managed to get a 5 honestly.

2 years ago
Well done everyone that managed to submit something!

2 years ago

Wait a minute...

Ninja took my featured story spot. He already had 5 other games featured, including one in the Grimdark section already! But he took it anyway because he's a dick. He didn’t see the beauty of me having a featured story-game spot in the section End has made, and now I have nothing

The game is called fucking Gunslinger for fucks sake! It sounds like it should be in the gay cowboy section, not Grimdark fantasy!

@ninjapitka 

I hate you! 

Now I have to write something that's worthy of being featured to get that nice featured trophy back. Somehow... 

2 years ago
Maybe some Adventure Time fanfic?

2 years ago

I already have a story-game I'm working on with two lesbians. 

Besides, I’m not caught up on all of the esteemed Adventure Time lore. Apparently there's even a sequel on HBO Max of all places. 

2 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it too much. All featured spots are just placeholders until End publishes more. And for what it's worth, you could easily do that.