Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

Dear mods

2 years ago

If I don't finish a Halloween themed game by the end of the month, please take 100 points from me.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Dear mods

2 years ago
Weird. Usually when threads indicate they want a mod's attention, they contain a lot more swearing and complaining from ten year olds.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Keyed. 

Dear mods

2 years ago
Are we supposed to understand that every mod is supposed to take 100 points?

It reads that way to me.

Dear mods

2 years ago
It wouldn't be the first time lol!

Dear mods

2 years ago

The month seems to be coming to an end. How's your storygame going? It would really be a shame if you go into the negatives because each mod takes 100 points.

Dear mods

2 years ago

I forgot all about this. Good thing you bumped it.

Dear mods

2 years ago
He could start today and still easily manage a passable 8k story, there will be no excuses.

Dear mods

2 years ago

He hasn't been on for a week by the time of this post. 

I sure am worried for those prospects. 

Dear mods

2 years ago
What about today?

Dear mods

2 years ago
Lucky thing you said "before the end of the month" and not "before Halloween". You still have all day tomorrow, and you're probably too old for trick or treating.

Dear mods

2 years ago

mods if I don't finish any story game by the end of 2022 take 500 points from me

Dear mods

2 years ago

LOCKED Oh dear, I do not like where this is going.

Dear mods

2 years ago
Look at his points page.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Saved him the trouble.

Dear mods

2 years ago
He can have them back if he publishes a decent game. Since that wouldn't remotely take an entire year.

Really would prefer people not make bets so far in advance, that smacks of hoping the thread gets buried and that we forget.

Dear mods

2 years ago

damn ok

I mean I was gonna keep my word but idk if what I'm working on rn meets your standards of "decent."

Dear mods

2 years ago
I have learned an important lesson about waiting until the last minute, and my shame is great. Just take my points, I'll find a way to get them back later.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Now I feel bad for bumping this thread. 

Dear mods

2 years ago

I just want to see if the other mods fulfill their part and take another 400.

Dear mods

2 years ago
I'm not taking my share, not out of pity but because I've been pretty checked out this past month and continuously and repeatedly not getting around to reviews and things I've promised. So now I'm going to start denying nyself these small pleasures in life until I get back into things.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Honestly, can't be bothered, sort of busy with other stuff. Plus Peng's changed his account so many times at this point, it doesn't even really matter.

Looks like Thara already took some points, so she's already acted as my herald of doom.

EDIT: Oh just was informed that this was not in fact Peng.

One of the things that wasn't motivating to take the points was that I don't mind Peng. Since this isn't him, well I guess I'll take the point after all.

Dear mods

2 years ago
I was very very confused...

Dear mods

2 years ago

Oh, that wasn't me that went in to take further points away from him.

Hmmm, I wonder who that could have been.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Based on his points page, it appears Malk took the first hundred. I'm assuming the next hundred was by Endmaster due to his edit above. 

But this all brings up a new question: Which of the remaining mods will snatch away a few more points from this guitar-wielding penguin? How far into the negatives will he go? Tune in to this thread to find out! (Or not, depending on whether an answer is given).

Dear mods

2 years ago
Looks like it was Thara and then End. Thara has started mimicking End's Achievement Unlocked format, although I will point out that the phrases she appends to these are not in any way formatted as achievements. This sloppy inattentiveness to form disturbs me greatly.

Dear mods

2 years ago

I didn't touch Soy's points, but now I wish I did.

Dear mods

2 years ago
Damn, wait, it was Malk. He is impersonating you impersonating End and then not even bothering to hide the evidence, this cannot be allowed. It's sick and wrong.

That, or, you framed him....either way, this thing goes deep.

Dear mods

2 years ago

Can confirm, I was awake at the godforsaken hour when those first 100 points were taken. Malk was online at that time. End was too, but he is almost always perpetually online. 

Also, it appears that the wrath of penguins more than makes up for everyone else anyhow.

Dear mods

2 years ago
Wrath, balanced with Mercy.

Dear mods

2 years ago

I believe that I cannot count for Soy's redemption arc any time soon. He's dug a pretty deep hole for himself.

Dear mods

2 years ago
I mean it's only 9 million points.

He just needs to stop being lazy and apply himself. Or trade those bootstraps in for a used belt, whichever.

Dear mods

2 years ago
Alright, I am getting a slight hint here that the main thing I have done wrong is making penguins look bad. Am now embarking on a quest to right the noble reputation of penguins everywhere. And no I won't be taking out any bets on this.

Dear mods

2 years ago
Good luck, I'm with you here.

You might want to do something about that -9,000,000 points, perhaps we can start by rating a few more stories? Every thousand-mile journey starts with a single step ^-^

Dear mods

2 years ago
I'll give you back 500,000 points for each story you rate till you're back up 9 million. That's less than 20, so good luck ^v^

Dear mods

2 years ago
Deal!