Non-threaded

Forums » Newbie Central » Read Thread

Introduce yourself and get to know the community.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Commended by TharaApples on 11/15/2021 3:50:54 PM
Hey, its Voldy, from the CoG Forum. Some have you may have heard of me, maybe not. I briefly chatted with End once about site affairs. I decided to finally make an account on here. Believe it or not, I was a CYStian lurker long before joining the Forum; this site and random Flash IF is where I got my start. I was killing Cannibal Gaunts in Dead Man Walking and haggling with a mystical Orc merchant in Delve! long before signing up on Jason's personal playground.

Not here to say much other than I haven't been active on the Forum in quite a while; I've put up with the politics and bullshit long enough. So I guess you could say I'm looking for a more...suitable place. I'll be on here probably posting now and then as I move my gamebook I started in ChoiceScript over to here, reformatting it for the simpler system and posting it, eventually.

Not here simply to advertise that; I've merely observed the various discussions on here, old and new, regarding Choice of Games as a company and felt this place only echoed my sentiments; I've made them known sparsely on Discord and in one-off posts for fear of being outright banned by Big Egalitarian, but now I've realized my own cowardice in that, so if my new presence here gets me punished over there, so be it. After watching two good writers get literally chased off the site by rabbid fucking alphabet people, I've really had enough.

If this post is too long, bite me. Just popping in to say hi and introduce myself, but also state the reason for the probably-surprising migration.

Trust me, it ain't that surprising.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Welcome to the site! I do hope you enjoy your time here.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Thank you! I already have been!

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Hi, welcome aboard~ Glad to have you with us :)

I've got a confession

2 years ago
There you are! Big fan of your works! And thank you.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Welcome!

Always happy to provide shelter and aid to another refugee. Enjoy the site and let us know if you have any questions!

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Hello! Its cool to see all these legendary faces. Thank you!

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Based.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
And so another fabled figure reveals themselves. Based indeed, Thara. But also...green apples taste better than red ones, and there's nothing you can do about that.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

What?!? 

I'm about to deliver you the fabled two-hundred year CoG special ban for wrongthink! All apples are equal! All tits are equal! All pussies are equal! All dicks are equal! (Lol, nah, dicklets need to cope with their shit genes! Lmao! Oh nooooo! Actually it's fine, there's a girl out there that will love you regardless!)

Fortunately, you have braved the travel to reach these fine tolerant lands of Cystia. However, next time...

I've got a confession

2 years ago
As my favorite eldritch horror once said, you don't die on a hill, you defend it and slaughter all attackers, then raise their corpses with unbridled Necromancy to aid you in the next wave. Not exactly how He put it, but it was something like that.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
You're in luck, Thara loves simps.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
My love is as equal as my hate. I'm more about spreading equality than any of the incessant cogs in the CoG machine.

TL;DR: I'm a simp for you, too, Mizal. Don't worry. I'm a simp for anyone with half a brain this side of the internet.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Just popping in to say hi and introduce myself, but also state the reason for the probably-surprising migration.

I wasn't super surprised.  Welcome, and enjoy the games here.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
So, I've been wondering if you're THE Gower, from the Forums? You both share a relatable love for coffee and great prose.

I'm less having a retard moment and more refusing to believe someone could balance being a Goddamn Forum moderator with being a regular on here. Seems to me like constantly going back and forth between Heaven and Hell.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Welcome aboard. Rest assured the general population is far less rabid here.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Thank you!

I've got a confession

2 years ago

I'm no legendary face, but welcome nonetheless!

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Much appreciated! You know, I have a cat. He's not very wizzy, I'm afraid.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

I don't remember even speaking to you before but as long as you don't act like a retarded faggot, you'll be fine here.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
This reply is exactly what I expected it to be, haha. What's up, End?

I wasn't expecting you to remember some Forum rando, just figured it was worth mentioning. You gave me advice on writing and pointed out how the Forum used to be some level of tolerable back in 2011-2012, when you first joined. I still have the convo. Was actually going to send you one of the first links to my demo, before you got "suspended." Good to see you again nonetheless!

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Welcome back, wayward Oldfag. Clearly you have not been observing enough discussions around here if that post looks like it might be too long. Or the main folks haven't been shitposting enough, either or.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Ah, well, I've seen a couple people here and there saying that noobs talk too much. If this Oldfag is talking too much, kindly let me know, Weird Birdfag.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Ah. Well, I mean, I certainly won't dispute the notion that people say that a lot. Usually it has to do with the persistence, rather than the portions, with which noobs say stupid shit.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Ah. Well, I understand. I'll certainly do my best to refrain from saying stupid shit, Birdfag.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

This did not age well.

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Hey, he's just identity fluid.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Both his identities seem retarded so far, so there's at least some consistency there.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

why did thara feel the need to commend this literally who 

I've got a confession

2 years ago
Let me have this moment, you fuck.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

literally who the fuck are you. you don't get a moment 

I've got a confession

2 years ago
I like how you take the time to punctuate, yet not capitalize.

I am me, and you are intruding on my pro wrestling-style debut.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

I liked the 'rabid fucking alphabet people' line. 

Also cucking CoG out of one of their own is pretty amusing. 

Especially if it took no effort from anyone here apparently. 

I've got a confession

2 years ago
I can't believe I'm a heterosexual man who's about to say this, but:

You could say I was attracted to the lack of pussies, here.

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Alt-making cringe faggot

I've got a confession

2 years ago

Well, this guy's story arc took a real yikes turn. Almost gave me second hand embarrassment with all that 'refugee' roleplaying.

How hard is it to not be ultra cringe? The internet may never know.