Non-threaded

Forums » Writing Workshop » Read Thread

Find proofreaders here, useful resources, and share opinions and advice on story crafting.

If you need Ideas for a story game come here

2 years ago

Hello, after finishing my storygame (Graveyard of empires) I found myself wondering what the heck should I do next? Write another story game? Nope , Get off this websuite? Nope, so I had this Idea to help people with Ideas for their story games. If you need help post on this thred. Don't expect a full on Idea, but hopefully I can get your brain cogs moving again.

2 years ago
I'll take one idea please, on the rocks.

2 years ago

Hello mizal, I see that you would like an Idea for a story game. 

Hmmm, You could make a backstory about your profile picture. But make it epic!

2 years ago

2 years ago

Oh wow, that is very strangely awesome!

do you want another idea?

2 years ago

I'll take one for the road if you're still offering. 

2 years ago

Okay, what kind of stuff are you into?

2 years ago

Here is an idea, write a COVID survival game

2 years ago

Ummm, maybe something less real life. I've got an idea. Why don't you come up with two topics that are completely different from each other, and I could write something combining those two topics.

2 years ago

Okay how about a story about a dog and a cat and how they bonded through a big adventure

2 years ago

Or a bully and a quiet kid

2 years ago
A fart and a pumpkin.

2 years ago

How are thoes two different things? 

LOL, or is it some kind of inside joke. lol 

2 years ago
If you don't know the difference between those two things, I have to ask: "What do you think a pumpkin patch is?"

2 years ago

Oh I get it now, I must have been really tired when I replied to you. lol

2 years ago

Eh. I mean those are definitely starting points but I was thinking of doing something a little more out there that's not as overdone. two story ideas that absolutely no one would think could work well together.   

2 years ago

Chickens and foxes. Fruits vs vedgitables. Day and night day is a girl who can be on the earth in the day night is a boy who can only be on the earth at night, but at sunset the can be together

2 years ago

Thanks for the ideas! The last one is especially interesting I'd save that one for yourself to write about.

Also, go check out my story game if you want. :D 

2 years ago

I checked out your story game! I love it, It's one of the best story games I have ever read. kudos for making it fun!

2 years ago

I'll take one idea, shaken not stirred 

2 years ago

allright, I know you are into fantisy. 

Maybe a good Idea would be to write a story about, Everything was peicefull untill one race started picking off other races, and yours in next. Like with mithical creatures in a fantisy setting.

2 years ago
@Abgeofriends

Use threaded view please, trying to follow this thread is going to be a danger to sanity soon. Click the button that says Threaded at the top of the page.

2 years ago

Okay!

2 years ago

@stargirl @stargirl

2 years ago

Yes?

2 years ago

I know we are friends, but do you need any ideas stargirl?

2 years ago

I'd like to order one idea please, non-alcoholic of course.

2 years ago

Alright, you could Take a fairy tale. And make it Really dark. like Really dark. 

2 years ago
What, dark like child abuse and killing and torture? That's pretty wild, whoever could imagine that kind of thing in a fairy tale.

2 years ago

I could

Imagine red riding hoods brutal death inside of the wolf, Im pretty sure you can imagine that.

2 years ago

I think Mizal was being sarcastic. Most fairytales were originally very grim, and a lot of them still have dark themes like child abuse (e.g. Rapunzel being stuck in the tower for years/ Cinderella being forced to work after both her parents have died), killing (many fairytales had protagonists who faced the threat of death constantly), and torture (Cinderella’s sister cutting off her toe to fit the glass slipper in an earlier version).

Anyway, thanks for the idea! I’ll see if I can write something about it.

2 years ago

Glad I could help

2 years ago
I like the one where the villain was put in a barrel studded with nails on the inside and rolled down a hill.

2 years ago

I guess fairy tales are already pretty dark. I think that they could be rated R though, If you tried to make it like that.

2 years ago
I'll take mine in a bucket, easy on the bitters. None of that well garbage. Twist, not peel.

2 years ago

The world used to be a safe place. Now criminals run free with no police to stop them, you believe in the right thing and want to bring back laws and police. but you start to realize law enforcement was not all black and white.

How about that.

2 years ago

Something something BLM

2 years ago

Hello, would you like an idea?

2 years ago

Actually, sure!

2 years ago

An Idea would be to have a story about what it's like in the afterlife, what If you wrote a story about trying to escape the underworld to reunite with your children.

I don't know just an Idea, you can always ask for a refund!

2 years ago

This is actually kind of sick! I wonder if there's a myth like this.

2 years ago

Idk, But Im glad you like the idea!

2 years ago

Does anyone else need any Ideas? 

2 years ago
Last call? I'll take two ideas please, one for each hand.

2 years ago

Here is one Idea, another is coming just hold on I got to think of more. You get a new statue or bust or something from a yard sale just down the road. Bad things start happening to you and you slowly start to grow insane. Blaming everything, including your declining mental health, on the statue you try to crack this case once and for all. Try to find out why the statue hates you so much while people around you grow increasingly worried and your mental health slips farther and farther into this dark spiral.

2 years ago

Last Idea, 

Set in a realm where deadly creatures roam free due to scientific mutations, you try to grow up and survive. 

sorry It's vegue, tell me if I need to add to it.

2 years ago
Dark and surprisingly refreshing, thanks!

2 years ago
I'll have only the very best, thank you.

2 years ago

Write a story about being abandoned in the woods, You parents had died recently and your facing eviction. You are only 18, old enough to survive one your own. Face obstacles( You choose). and make the right choices to success!

Hows that, If you don't like it you could always refund.

2 years ago
Mm! Exciting with a dash of independence, how nice.

2 years ago
I'd like the one idea to rule them all, please

2 years ago

Here is an Idea, Make a modern type story game. Maybe about a new society that is trying to eradicate the whole human population. Maybe you could have two options, to join said crew, or survive the new killing society. Don't be afraid to break the fourth wall in the process,( As an extra Idea bonus Idea maybe It could take the reader along in the ride, First person instead of third.)

I Know I have told everyone this, But if you don't like this idea that make sure you tell me and I can give you a refund. 

2 years ago
I didn't know there was a price to these ideas! Is this a devil's bargain where I lost my soul in the transaction?

But aside from that, what would the added benefit of breaking the fourth wall be in an apocalyptic story?

2 years ago

I don't know I just think It could add another level of realism that is unique. And It's just an Idea, feel free to axe that idea.

Btw, It's free and I'm happy to give you more Ideas If your not happy with the initial one I gave you!

Just here to help!

2 years ago

Not the last call but, does anyone need ideas?

Im just glad I could help everyone. 

2 years ago
I thought of a funny idea someone can use, it's a game where you play a celebrity, and sneaky hoes keep trying to steal your condoms. The plot is about coming up on increasingly devious and elaborate ways to prevent this.

It seems like a lot of work so I won't bother, but I'm sure it'd be a hit!

2 years ago
That sounds pretty outlandish and unrealistic, I'm not sure readers would be able to suspend belief enough to really "get" that kind of story...