Non-threaded

Forums » Advanced Editor Forum » Read Thread

Get help from the experts on variables, scripts, items, and other scary things.

Link restrictions with scripting

one year ago

It would be a big time-saver if anyone knew a way to restrict links using scripting commands rather than the tool the advanced editor provides.  

Something like "IF %VARIABLE = 1 THEN $LINK1 := UNCLICKABLE". (Obviously that's not a real scripting code, but something like that.)

This would save me a lot of time since I use scripting rather than the editor for pretty much everything and it would let me copy-paste the command in rather than going through the hassle of scrolling through the variable list every time and adjusting the parameters.  It's doable, it just eats up a lot of time.

one year ago
I'm pretty sure there is something out there... let me look...

one year ago
Well there's a simple solution that's not perfect: you can set the linktext to nothing in a script, that works... Actually, that works pretty good. I thought it would leave an empty line, but it doesn't even appear to do that.

one year ago

Hmm.  Yeah, it does make it unclickable, at least, even if it looks kind of clunky.  This might be useful, thanks!

one year ago
Really? When I did it, I set the linktext := "" and the link disappeared and so did the entire line. You couldn't even tell there was ever another link there on my screen.

one year ago

Really?  Weird, when I did it you could still see a bullet point next to where the link was.  Might just be a glitch specific to the test game I was using