Non-threaded

Forums » Bugs & Problems » Read Thread

Post reports about problems or bugs in here.
This bug was closed 11/7/2022: fixed

Fix One Bug, Create Another: My Comments Page

one year ago
The links from the my/comments.aspx page now do not work. When you click the storygame link on that page, it takes you to the page Stories instead of the actual story page. Related to the recent unicode fix, maybe?

one year ago
Looks like it's the same mysterious change to links from the Moderation page that no one remembers making. The urls all have /game/ instead of /story/.

one year ago
It's there and anywhere else /game/? was written in the source code. There are some permanent redirects that change it to /story/ and basically nobody else touched the code, so I had to break it somehow, just need to figure out where and fix it.

one year ago
Should I even ask why a completely different URL was in the source code, and why the answer was the redirect instead of changing it to be consistent?

one year ago
Yep. They should've changed to /story/ everywhere in the code, but then again, CYS

one year ago
The real answer is probably along the lines of some parts of the website use an older programming language and the newer parts use another.

one year ago

Sometimes this place really feels like some 40K ork cobbled together creation and only works at all due to the absolute belief of its users that it does.