ChooseYourStory.com

The First Page

You are tumbling through a swirling vortex of color. You don't know where you are. You can't remember a thing. You don't even know your own name. If only you could remember where you were. You knew it once, but no more. Where am I? With a sudden thud, the swirling stops. You are lying face down in the dirt. The smell of grass meets your nose. You push yourself up slowly until you can look around. You are alone on a grassy plain. All around you you can see nothing but the swaying of green blades. You stand up and scratch your head. Where are you? You begin to wander about in the grassland but nothing seems to change. You may not have moved for all you can see. You stop to take a break. As you look around again, you notice that the grass is redder than you remember. Well you can't remember anything else properly so you dismiss it. You begin to walk again but stop almost immediately. The grass is definitely redder than before. As if waiting for the revelation, the plains turn blood red and the grass crumbles, leaving you standing in a dusty wasteland. You see movement out of the corner of your eye but when you turn to look at the spot where you saw it, there is nothing there.