ChooseYourStory.com

How to Play

Your name is Cleo Trapa, and for a year you have sailed your ship Adventurer around The Three Islands transporting goods for merchants and surviving sicknesses, storms and mutiny. The Adventurer is a tough little ship, large enough for a crew of 30 and with enough space to hold 30 days worth of supplies. Though you are only twenty years old you have already shown natural leadership and a strong character in times of difficulty, leading to your inclusion in what everyone is calling The Great Race



The World of Magellan on which you l​ive is mostly water and for this reason the people of The Three Islands have a rich naval tradition. Gunpowder is a recent invention and though your ship is armed with four cannons and all your crew carry muskets these are slow to load and highly inaccurate making the sword your crew's primary weapon. Nothing is known of the geography of the world beyond The Three Islands but your kingdom's wisest men have estimated it will take approximately fifty days to sail around the world.



The main problem with this is that your ship can only carry a maximum amount of Supplies for 30 days which will make finding and obtaining fresh sources of Food your top priority, if you ever run out of Food (your Food number reaches 0) then you and all your crew will starve to death and die. You will almost certainly lose crew members to all manner of causes and must take care your Crew number never falls to 0, that will mean that you and all your Crew are dead.



Finally you must remember that you are taking part in a race against nine Captains with very different personalities, ships and outlooks. To help you keep track of these different Captains a List of Participants in The Great Race is provided, you will find it useful to pick it up and study it before beginning your adventure. Speed is therefore a secondary concern for you but not your main concern: you will find it quite challenging enough simply surviving the voyage, let alone being the first to sail all around the world!



Those who are the first to sail all around the world will win 2 Points, those who survive the voyage around the world but are not the fastest will win 1 Point and those who run out of Crew or Food during the voyage and die win no Points. Your Score will be shown if you leave a comment when you have finished this story. You might find it useful to make a map as you sail as the information might be useful for future voyages and adventures in these waters...



So good luck reader, make intelligent and strategically sound choices and with a little luck, a good heading and a fair wind you might live to see your homeland again!



 


DAYS is 0.
FOOD is 30.
MEN is 30.
<p>A List of the Captains and Ships taking part in The Great Race, as reported in the newspaper The Daily Forecast.</p>
List of Participants in The Great Race