ChooseYourStory.com

Hurry hurry!

You always knew the captain was a deranged cunt. In addition to just being an all around unlikable person, she expected far too much of everyone, as if ANYTHING on this old ass ugly and poorly designed 'library ship' mattered. As if coaxing this broken down wreck from one star to another to 'share human culture and literature' in only the most irrelevant and obscure portions of the galaxy possible could EVER matter. Every single crew member doomed to this hell tour was a burnout, a freak, a frothing fuckwit, a failure. And all of you are far too aware of it. So why, so just why couldn't you be left in peace to wallow in your own apathy and incompetence? But no, the captain had to be so damn insistent on papering the halls with posters about 'pride in one's work' and 'why are we even here if we're not enjoying ourselves???' And stranger things. The inspirational quote generating AI might be going a little wonky there, honestly. Because absolutely everything on this ship was falling apart, and it had been at least a year since High Command had checked in. But that was typical too, because you were nothing to them. It's all in the name of the ship: the USS Cystia. Oh sure, it was supposed to stand for something. But there's no ignoring what it spelled. Cyst. As in a pus-filled boil, in need of being drained and sterilized. That's all any of you are to anyone who matters. Captain Marizal, though. Even by those already incredibly low standards, she was a real piece of work. Always holed up in her quarters scribbling awful, embarrassing garbage about shitty elves or whatever, almost never finishing anything (there's dedication for you!) but the worst thing is, when she DID complete things, she wanted people to read them. Ridiculous. Most people would take one look at this crowd and immediately realize their mistake in hoping for anything but crushing disappointment. But no, when just leaving them in the shipwide recreational communications network didn't work (a network mostly designed to kill time while indisposed, hence the act of using it called 'shitposting') and specific requests for opinions got ignored, she started printing out copies and "casually" "forgetting" them by "accident" in prominent places all over the ship. Frustrated even there, she wound up ordering the crew to paper several villages on developing worlds with the printouts, but the primitives didn't read them either; all it resulted in was researchers complaining that you'd interfered with their development by giving them easy access to toilet paper and fire starting materials. That all led to the mess you're in now somehow, although in hindsight it should have been a good indication she was starting to crack. Oh right...