ChooseYourStory.com

Intro

A divine being appears before you in a dream in the form of a panther the size of a house, with lightning wings. Most nights you just have awkward dreams about your old girlfriend or your mom, so that's different.

With the eyes and voice of a thousand bolts of lightning the being makes his name known as the Emeowsary and commands you to make it an offering in the form of a tower to the heavens.

"THE TOWER MUST BE MADE OF CATS."

"Er...cats?"

"YES EDGAR. THE BATTLE AGAINST THE DOGGO OF THE COSMOS GROWS FIERCER EVERY DAY, AND THE LORD OF CATS REQUIRES--"

"Er...my name's not Edgar."

"WHAT?"

There is a pause. The panther form blurs, for a moment the thunder grows distant.

"OH. I SEE NOW. EDGAR, THE CHOSEN CATFRIEND, HAS THE FLU. WELL, THAT'S UNFORTUNATE. YOU'RE A BARELY ADEQUATE REPLACEMENT FRANKLY, ALTHOUGH I SEE YOU HAVE BEEN TOUCHINGLY DEVOTED TO YOUR OWN CAT, AND SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO THE SPECIES IN THE THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF CAT VIDEOS YOU'VE WATCHED ON YOUTUBE. PERHAPS YOU WILL DO."

"...thanks?"

"BUT I DOUBT IT."

"Wow, your confidence is all the encouragement I need. Anyway, I'm happy to help out, magical lightning dream cat. But how to I build a tower of cats?"

"GO FORTH, RANDOMLY CHOSEN SECONDARY BACKUP MONKEY ASSISTANT. WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW WILL BE MADE KNOWN TO YOU. JUST TRY NOT TO MAKE TOO MUCH OF A MESS OF THINGS, PLEASE."

And indeed, when you awake a vision is batting playfully at your mind's eye; that of an incredible cat retrieval, positioning, and launching machine the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be just the thing to help you in your quest. Feverishly you scribble out the blueprints, naming it the Cat-a-punter.

Now you just need to build it.