ChooseYourStory.com

People don't change...

You hadn't bailed him out...



He was sentenced with 72 hours- he got out in 48. Now you've got another restraining order against him. You are afraid and feel like you can't go home. You work second shift and get off at midnight. Your imagination sees him lurking in every dark corner since you heard he was released 2 days ago.



You'd had a restraining order out against him before. He worked hard to apologize and you had patched things up. How could you not see this coming? You made a mistake taking him back. Your mother told you so. Your landlord told you so.  You used to believe that people can change. Used to believe...



He is strong- arms like tree trunks from years of labor in construction. You love the way they make you feel so secure when he hugged you. You would lay your head on his bicep as a pillow after a night of lovemaking. 



You are thin but you have a fiery temper.  



He is a mean drunk. He needed help. He needed to want to get help...



This time the police found three bottles of liquor in his truck. Three empty bottles. He was there when you got home that night. No one had ever hit you before...



You are friends with the senior couple that lives next door. Mr. Lipinski has been going over in the evening the last 2 nights to check on the house. Trying to see if his truck is there, or if he has broken in.