ChooseYourStory.com

Dreams...

You walk around the Station. It is huge, larger than anywhere you've seen in your life, with a glass ceiling that reveals a blue, cloudless sky. Suddenly, you hear a sobbing...an infant? The sobs echo across the walls. You walk towards the source of the sound, and as you do, the Station darkens. No more is the sky blue; instead, it is as black as night, the only light being the dim rays of the full moon. Finally, you find the infant, lying on the floor. It is an ugly, pitiful creature, with distorted limbs and a wrinkled, deformed face. Suddenly, you hear more sobbing and turn around. You are surrounded by seven more infants, identical to this one, all sobbing in unison, their echoing cries of pain filling your mind. As you desperately try to cover your ears, the scene fades...



Your alarm rings. Groggily, you reach for the device making the sound and shut it off as your eyes adjust to your surroundings. It is a particularly miserable winter's day; barely any light shines through the tiny, grimy window as the grey clouds hover in the air, choking out the barest glimpse of the sun. The dusty wooden boards of the floor creak as you get up, and the wardrobe beneath the window towers over you.



It's your birthday today, but this fact does not bring much joy with it. Every birthday has been the same; the Orphanage Caretaker, Mrs. Coal, attempts to cheer you up with her over-the-top positivity, but little can disguise the fact that this day means very little. The "Fleece Orphanage" cannot afford presents or celebrations, so everything Mrs. Coal does for you must be out of her own pocket.



Do you decide to go downstairs to the "party", or just stay up here and hope that they forget about you?