Non-threaded

Forums » Reading Corner » Read Thread

Dust off a seat and discuss a good book here...you do read, right?

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

Probably never heard of this - Artemis Fowl

9 years ago

Why would people never hear about it? o.o

It is a decently read book. My middle school and high school kept hardbacks of the earlier books in the library.

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

Just didn't think it was a well known book. Especially in America.

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

Great book in general ^ And lots of it are held in middle school libraries. I just think with our growing age of technology that even the younger kids can use, they're less inclined to read these insanely great fantasy books. (I mean for Gaul-sakes, my 4 year old cousin has a bloody Ipad. That spoiled brat! :P)

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

I never liked really enjoyed them, but before you get mad, I did try them. I think I read half of the first book, but it seemed really unrealistic (even for fantasy) and I wasn't into reading about a rich brat use his body guard to save the world for elves. The books I liked that were aimed at the same age group were the Maximum Ride series, and CHERUB.

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

Opinions are respectable ^ I hated the Artemis Fowl series when I first read it. It confused me when I was younger, but I started to enjoy it after I came across the book again a few years later. 

Never got to read Cherub or Maximum ride :o Never heard of Cherub either actually.

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

I loved that series. Only read bits and pieces, though.

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

I read the first two books and most of the third. I get bored and stop in the middle of series, but they were pretty good books though! :)

The Artemis Fowl Series

9 years ago

I read the whole series. It was often pointless and had a bad sense of humour. Every character was completely un relatable and it just seemed off at points. On that note, it has to be one of my favourite series. The characters were deep and unique and left an impression. I kept thinking of ways out of the extreme circumstances but Eoin always had a better solution. Personally I liked the arrogant main character artemis, who is humbled throughout the series. 4.5/5