Welcome to ChooseYourStory.com!
ChooseYourStory.com is a community-driven website centered on Choose-Your-Own-Adventure style storygames. Members create their own storygames, read and comment on other members’ storygames, participate in the forum, and improve their writing ability.
ChooseYourStory.com is your source for online interactive fiction – with members all around the globe.
News and Updates
But seriously, there were a lot of excellent stories here from a wide range of genres. Personally, for some of you who have entered multiple contests, I can see a very clear improvement in your writing from where you were a year ago.
All three judges were split on the best story. However, two judges had the top two stories as their top two selections, just the other way around. Also, our top two stories were the only two to make all three ballots. Only one point separated them.
1st Place: @EbonVasilis - Magno
2nd Place: @Steve24833 - Saoirse
3rd Place: @Malkalack - Broken Chains: Blood on the Marble
Honorable Mentions: @Azbaz & @CrescentStar
And I think I would be doing us all a great injustice if I didn't acknowledge that Malk easily won the award for most homo-erotic scene with his memorable bath-house ordeal.
I'll likely be back with a summer long contest, starting in late May or June. I am open to suggestions on theme. You can also probably expect a spring contest from one of the admins in the meantime.
And @Orange, I still want to see you finish your entry. Digit finished his special prompt from End.
December Contest - 1st Anniversary of the Ballad Contest! Huzzah! - Choose Your Own Prompt
Deadline: January 7, 2018 at 11:59 P.M. eastern time.
Entry Fee: 100 Points
Minimum entries required: Five valid entries or contest is moot.
Basic Rewards: 25 Points (entry fee returned + 25 points) for successfully submitting a story that achieves a minimum of 3.00/8.00 rating.
Additional Rewards: 100 Points for 1st Place; 50 Points for 2nd Place; 25 Points for 3rd Place
Restrictions: No co-authors. No recycled stories.
Requirement: Post a thread in the Writing Workshop and update twice a week on your progress.
Note: The entry fee is high to discourage people from taking prompts they don't intend to finish. Don't be an ass. If you take a prompt, finish it. Because someone else may very well have wanted that prompt.
A) Choose a prompt.
B) To claim a prompt, reply with the number you wish to select and the description of the prompt.
C) Edit lock your selection so you cannot change it.
D) Bucky will confirm your prompt within 24 hours.
E) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHECK TO SEE IF SOMEONE TOOK THE PROMPT YOU WANT FIRST.
Prompts: *** Prompts are binding as far as the plain language suggests. Beyond that, author creativity reigns.
1) In 100,000 B.C.E., a boy from a Neanderthal tribe meets a homo sapien girl for the first time, changing the fate of their tribes for all time . . . for better or worse.
2) In a rewrite of history, Patton survives the car wreck at the close of the war in Europe and goes on to beat Harry Truman in the 1948 presidential election. His first year in office, Patton takes war to Russia, to rid the world of the communist threat.
3) A nuclear winter grips the Earth. Tell us a tale. 4) This is not a tale of kings and queens, but a song of sorrows where the poor peasants muck their pigsties as the countryside burns in the wake of civil war. 5) A sci-fi taking place on a terraformed Mars, Venus, Titan, Europa, or Earth's moon. Take your pick. 6) Jack and Jill went up a hill to fetch a pail of water. But when they came down, Jack soon found that he and Jill had a daughter. 7) An arrogant prick of a man, a godless heathen, but not quite an outright cunt, you find yourself on the periphery of hell. True to your nature, the only reasonable option left is to kill the god of the underworld and fight your way to FREEDOM! 8) The emperor sends you to a faraway land to capture exotic beasts for his zoo. But a spreading plague, a witch-doctor, and a brewing feud between local tribes presents . . . difficulties. 9) An open world CYOA in a Tolkien inspired land with a focus on characters, plot, and story. Must be more story than game. *Note, Tolkien inspired means the world must not be modern or futuristic. And the world must have an element of magic, arcane, or mysticism. 10) A story set in the Ming Dynasty. 11) Crap-sack world. 12) The world just keeps kicking you in the dick. Your house burns down. Your daughter dies of typhoid. Your whore wife runs off with a British privateer. Things can't seem to get worse, so you head to a tavern in downtown Port Royal to drink away the last of your money before you hang yourself. Only . . . it's June 7th, 1692 and your watch just hit 11:30 A.M. Shit is about to get real. 13) A society on the verge of a Golden Age experiences a cataclysmic disaster.
14) The protagonist is an orc.
15) From train robberies to cattle rustling and Indian wars, tell a story from the Wild West. 16) A horror romance. 17) Make up an entirely new world, including, species, religion, economy, and culture. The plot is up to you. 18) Your story takes place in the ancient city of Babylon and it's beautiful hanging gardens. 19) The protagonist is a literal dragon. 20) The protagonist is a (trope) dragon-in-chief. 21) A Halloween or horror ballad. 22) A Christmas ballad.
23) Vikings raid the British isles during the 9th century. Tell a story of a Viking raider.
24) Vikings raid the British isles during the 9th century. Tell a story of a British islander.
25) A fantasy story fit for children.
26) A love story between an English knight and a Flemish wool merchant's daughter. The story starts in 1335, two years before the start of the Hundred Years War.
27) Breath fresh life into the tale of Robin Hood. 28) A historical fiction with one of the main pathways being true history (edutainment). 29) A story set in an Australian penal colony. 30) A puzzle, mystery, or riddle game. 31) Mystery Box. Bucky will only tell you what it holds after you open it. 32) EndMaster's Game. EndMaster pick's the prompt. 33) Write a story about the Dullahan. 34) The protagonist is the village whore. But she's also a witch!