Non-threaded

Forums » The Lounge » Read Thread

A place to sit back, hang out, and make monkey noises about anything you'd like.

Button Poetry and Depression

6 years ago

That's a really powerful one I came across. I've watched it several times, and it's the only thing that can consistently bring me to tears every time. Maybe it's just because it feels so achingly true, and it hurts hearing it out loud instead of just in my head, combined with her expression and the fact she's shaking the entire time. It just really hits home, ya know?

There's two different conversations here: 

Do you have depression? When was it that you first figured it out? What do you do to try and help with it? 

And for those of you who have no idea what that is or feels like - have you ever seen other button poetry? What're some good ones you've come across? 

6 years ago
She seems like someone it would be exhausting and very annoying to be around IRL. I didn't even need to wait for the video to load for that part to be obvious.

6 years ago

Very powerful. Thanks posting it.

Yeah, being around and hearing about pain is uncomfortable, but allowing yourself to feel it can also be cathartic.

If this was in real life, you wouldn't have that control. Your experience of listening to it would not be voluntary for long.